Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bidule 111 vs. 170 - larger scale sailplanes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may be ugly, but it's effective.........mine was only $99.00 also......go figure !

Comment

Dual Budule, too cool for school.

20170812_140233 by Steve Pasierb, on Flickr

BTW, Since they're 111's, these were two-fer $222
      Team JR Air ............You can't buy happiness. But, you can buy a sailplane and that's pretty darn close.

Comment

The dual Bidules are ready for service! A HUGE note of thanks to Len for helping me getting them running smoothly. An additional HUGE note to Bob for his programming prowess.

The 120 was a non issue while the 100 gave us a fight. We never surrender.

Fortunately on the 100, Len had previously experienced a motor where the throttle plate was traveling in the wrong direction and knew how to rework things. We pulled the prop, cowl and carb, did some fiddling and off she went. Bob then took on programming a throttle curve for all three flight modes and we were golden. Here too, Bob had previously experienced a bona fide glitch in the flight modes of the JR 28x software -- every time we dropped the flaps full the motor would die. While we got some nice dead stick landing practice, we finally figured out the full flap induced just a few clicks of down throttle! Programmed that out and we flew the better part of a tank of gas. Fun!

We moved on to the 120 and other than forgetting to eliminate the full flap glitch (Duh! More dead stick landing practice) it was only a matter of adding Expo and taming throws. The 111 on a DA 120 with tuned pipes is a BEAST! I did some tame flying and Len did some hard core aerobatic foolishness and we put it back in the trailer for its trip to Quebec.

I cannot thank Len or Bob enough for all of their time this morning. Thanks too to Jim for the 100 build and to Kris for letting his proven 120 go into new hands.

A great day at Salem.

PS: St├ęphane -- Len has my spare 111 wing rod to deliver to you at Winimac. Enjoy.
        Team JR Air ............You can't buy happiness. But, you can buy a sailplane and that's pretty darn close.

Comment

So we don't get to see you at Winamac this year Steve???

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Mosquito View Post
            So we don't get to see you at Winamac this year Steve???

Tim

Sorry, the lure of exotic foreign lands is too strong. A Quebec + Vermont run is our August plan.

All good wishes for a successful event

Comment

Working...
            X