Propeller database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller database

Here's a useful database from our friends over on the GSN ( Giant Scale Network )

Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

So I have a question, as always!
    All you guy's who use a carbon prop versus a wooden prop of equal size, do you see or feel a significant difference how the tug pulls?

Jeremy and Ben
    SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

Jeremy,

Through my years of flying IMAC and now Aerotowing I have found that the Carbon Fiber props are more efficient and have lower noise when the plane has the right prop. The only down side is the price. I prefer the 3 blade for the noise reduction and less torque. The 3 blade generally has a little less thrust than the proper 2 blade. I have been using Mejzlik for many years and like them very much. As always there are a few exceptions where the wood prop is better. I used a Vess 23A on a Hybrid Edge 540, 92" span, 16.5 lbs, with a DA 50 on an RE-2 tuned pipe. That prop really turned that plane on.

Kris

PS: What is the status on the plane balancer we talked about at HH Aerotow?

Comment

Kris...look under for sale stuff at bottom of this web page...Jeremey has everyone's name from HH aerotow and those that have committed since then.... and has ordered the number what he believed were committed to buying one..
        Not sure if he ordered any extras or not....
        kevin

Comment

Working...
        X