New Bidule coming north

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bidule coming north

After waiting for just the right time, I went ahead today and ordered a Bidule 170. My good pal Kevin just so happens to have an "extra" DLE-170 that will fit right in. Funny that as my buddies gliders get bigger and heavier, I need to keep building bigger and bigger tow planes! For those that have been thinking about making a purchase, they are on sale right now at Icare. Not a huge savings but it's a sale non the less!

May be you should wait for the Bidule 300?

Brian, an EAJ

Comment

I was just looking at a 15 meter KA6.....will the 170 tow it?

Comment

• Xroadie
        Xroadie commented
        Editing a comment
        By the way Tim.....Congratulations on the purchase!! I look forward to seeing it fly sometime.

Yes it will

Originally posted by Xroadie View Post
      I was just looking at a 15 meter KA6.....will the 170 tow it?
      Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

So you are saying that a Bidule 170 could tow a full scale KA6... Probably could, and boy would that be an interesting feat. Might need some youngens to run the wingtip though, it might take a bit to get rolling. Pump up the tire pressure and lets use a solid surface runway.

Comment

Originally posted by Stew2 View Post
          So you are saying that a Bidule 170 could tow a full scale KA6... Probably could, and boy would that be an interesting feat. Might need some youngens to run the wingtip though, it might take a bit to get rolling. Pump up the tire pressure and lets use a solid surface runway.

I feel a challenge coming up, there is the 2-33 Schweitzer in Cumberland that I got a ride in this time last year
          I'm game, I have nothing involved, just like the Radian challenge last summer

Jeremy and Ben
          SCCAAA TT TN
          Last edited by Swiss1; 10-22-2016, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Xroadie
            Xroadie commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd wait for the Bidule 300, that Brian mentioned, to come out first

It was shipped two days ago. I also took delivery today of the DLE 170, headers, canisters, ignition etc. It cost me several tows today as Kevin made me pull up his 53.5 pound KA6 (we used a bathroom scale to weigh it). I told him he should make a video called "Barely Legal" but thought better of it once I googled that title and had to close my eyes at what responses I saw.....

Comment

Working...
          X