X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The vid sure shows a fun airplane!

Comment

Hey Guys,

First steps.... Took the Storch to the field for the first testing. Fired the engine, taxied a little, and just generally figured out how to work with it in general.

It it needs some things, nothing life shattering. Axle work as I had one wheel hanging up, some tuning, and stuff.

Most of all I need to up size the prop load. I'll do some calcs to see if I want diameter or pitch... The Laser was turning 9,090rpm on a 21x6 which is over 40lbs thrust and 50mph pitch speed. 9,000 is the very top of the recommended rpm range. So I'll get the rpms down a bit with more prop.

Getting the Storch in and out of the car was part of the learning curve. I'll get better as time goes along.

Joe

Comment

More pics from last night.

Comment

and some noise..

Comment

Nice pics, but it say's the video is not available!

Jeremy
            SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Try now...

Comment

I get about a dozen U tubes but nothing with your plane...sorry...keep trying...would love to see it..
                kevin

Comment

In the post above there should be a window with the Storch in it. Click on the window and it should take us you to YouTube.

Sounds like it's still hanging up somewhere. Works here so I'm at a loss how to fix it.

Here's the raw YouTube link without using the forum hyperlink function.

https://youtu.be/KaMEoGMX7do

Copy and paste it into your browser. It may go direct with a click but I'm not sure at this point. lol

Its just just a quick vid of the engine idling.

Joe
                  Last edited by Joespeeder; 06-03-2018, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X