blanik paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blanik paint

Has anyone found a good rattle can paint that matches the Blanik fusalage?

I tried a dozen and found none that are an exact match! Others have suggested getting it matched at a better automotive paint supply place and have them put it in a can.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Xroadie View Post
      I tried a dozen and found none that are an exact match! Others have suggested getting it matched at a better automotive paint supply place and have them put it in a can.
      Pete
      Conio -- If you choose that approach, Levine Auto Parts off the Route 7 Connector at #4 New Canaan Avenue has an in-house paint matching service. They scan the part and then make up a rattle can of paint. Cost is somewhere around $14 range. Takes a couple hours from the time you drop off the part, so you could probably do it on one of the days you fly at Allen's Meadow.

The place is tiny and seems always to be in a frenzy, but I've had two good color match experiences with them. The automotive paint in a rattle can means you have to do multiple very light coats to get a good finish and protect against runs. You can build-up a very nice finish. Keep telling yourself this is not Krylon.
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Here is the start of one more project, as I always know when I start them, not necessarily when I complete them. I love my first blanik and moved it to a

Comment

AS indicated above,

"And a very usefull for everyone that will do repairs on the fuse, the matching paint using R&M paint is MA145.10"

There ya go

Len Buffinton
          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

ok, I tried a color match from the local auto paint store as noted by Steve before the post about the R&M number. Really bad match, too much silver. So I tracked down a store that did R&M paint and got a can. it was around $33 pulse a few bucks for clear coat.

Did the job yesterday and I am pleased with the color match. The workmanship on the other hand was clearly done by an amateur. However, you will not see it at 100 feet.

Just need to put it all back together before time to pack the car next week.

That's for the help/

Comment

Working...
            X