Matching spray paint for covering materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching spray paint for covering materials

Covering material suppliers for years now don't sell matching spray paint for their products. I used to bring in a piece of covering material to Home Depot and have them scan the color and mix up a sample latex Behr exterior paint jar. Which is fine but thinning it and setting up a compressor and sprayer and the days long drying time / cleaning up time takes time etc.

Here comes The Model Box to the rescue...
    I painted my newest prototype Cessna 185 project with whatever spray paint in a "rattle can" that was close, but it wasn't a perfect match. A piece of covering material large enough was given to Swiss 1 at the model box and he had a source that scanned it and made a matching spray paint in a can. Perfect! what more can you want.....

The cowl, spinner and window frames in the picture below is what was repainted.

Thanks again Jeremy
    The Model Box is located in Alabama
    (205) 978-8787

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_2372.JPG Views:	1 Size:	175.5 KB ID:	37946
    Gunny
    Aviation Concepts rc

Nice! Swiss to the rescue!

BTW, FWIW... Many automotive paint supply stores (those that supply the auto body trade) can scan, match any color and produce a rattle can of acrylic enamel. I've had actual finished model parts scanned and paint produced at the local auto parts store (not those big box chain places).
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

• gunny11
      gunny11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, That's good to know. I have a automotive body supplier not far from me that I use.
      Last edited by gunny11; 08-18-2019, 10:47 PM.

Thank's Gunny

Comment

• gunny11
      gunny11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your welcome and thank you..
Working...
X