Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header Tank

Hey Guys,
    I'm at the point of installing the 100oz tank and I'm debating on a header tank
    Without pulling out My Turbo prop and looking at the tanks because I'm lazy does anyone have a good header tank diagram
    Need to refresh My brain.

Summers been brutal if you run a AC company!LOL

Charlie

Charlie,

Make your main tank, the 100oz, with two lines. The vent goes to the outside, the fuel feed line (with klunk) connects to the vent nipple on the header tank. The fuel line from the header tank (with klunk) connects to the carbeurator. You can put a "T" in this line for a fill line. Header fills first, then the over flow out the vent fills the main tank.
    A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

I don't have a diagram, but it is pretty simple. The vent of the main tank is open to the air and is the overflow for that tank. The clunk pick-up of the main tank goes to the vent/overflow of the header tank. The clunk pick-up of the header tank goes to the carburator. Filling and defueling is done via a T in the line from the header tank to the carb. The vent line of the main tank should be looped on top of the tank to prevent syphoning when the aircraft is inverted and then righted. I'm sure google will produce a picture. The turbine boys often call it air trap plumbing, but is the same thing. Hope this helps as I am looking forward to the tows at the Great American Aerotow.

Scot

Comment

Working...
      X