• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0069.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	22728 While not a easy to use as a paper mask, sustained sanding would be best done with something like this and I will do better to use them. I bought a ton of pink replacement filters...obviously I didn't clean the silicon part the last time I used it.
    Good book..

Comment

Yes, I'm guilty of not using proper protection from dust. I do have PPE for spraying hazardous paints but rarely use a face mask for sanding unless power equipment is involved. Honestly, I'm surprised I don't have any more trouble than I do at this stage in my life. I've breathed in a LOT of wood dust. 40 years in production wood factories. You would think I would have already figured this out....

Comment

My shop space is a very small converted bedroom and I only have a Shop-vac and a Draftsman's Brush that I use to clear off the bench top. The Shop-vac gets plugged into my Band Saw when I'm using it, but as many have mentioned, the finest dust doesn't get captured. I'd love to have a down-draft sanding table, but I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to building one yet. If money weren't an issue, I'd build a garage/shop and have a little bit of everything for dust collection.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3100 (Edited).JPG
Views:	65
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	22759Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3098 (Edited).JPG
Views:	64
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	22760
        [B]"I have not yet begun to procrastinate!"[/B] -- [B][I]Geoff Painter[/I][/B]

Comment

TJ, that’s pretty much where I’m at also right now and I try to make a point of not “arguing with the tools” I have.

Comment

Working...
          X