Name:	image_721.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	2145 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_720.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	2146 #22 Today, 06:40 PM

Here's a new take on wing retainers, at least for me. This is a repost from the Bidule 111 build but I thought I'd post it here for those not following that thread. I think this may help in tight situations.

I am repositioning the fuel tank over the wing rod and CG on my Bidule 111 and decided I needed a different retaining system since it would be problematic trying to install the plastic thumb screws supplied in the kit. I fumbled around for awhile and stumbled across these snap latches at McMC. One per side near chord center should be plenty. I used a 10-24 screw to hold the stub and installed a plate with T nut in the root of the wing. The pics and video should explain it.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
    Last edited by Asher Carmichael; 07-24-2015, 01:32 PM.

Stating the obvious and repeating myself but, "You da man!". Great idea, Asher.
    Last edited by yyz; 07-22-2015, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the roses, Mike

For those not familiar with McMaster-Carr....

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Comment

I can think of a couple model that these would speed the assembly time up tremendously!!! Thanks for finding them Asher!

Comment

Working...
        X