Servo selection for retrac and tow release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servo selection for retrac and tow release

Folks, I think the general consensus is to use high torque HiTec digital servos for retrac and tow release functions. Does anyone have positive or negative experiences with the Savox SA-1230 digital servo? A friend has used these for all control surfaces on his 170cc powered tug, and has not had an issue after three years of operations. They are rated at 500oz-in torque at 6.0volts and sell for about $70.00,so look like a good fit for my current glider build. Thoughts?

Larry

Others may have their own opinion, but I've read that many IMAC fliers think highly and are using Savox servos. They look like a good value to me and I've put them in my Blanik. Also, one of my buddies, whom works at a hobby shop, saw them in my Blanik and said, "I like your choice in servos". Everyone has their favorite brand and one can have a bad one from any of the suppliers. So, you pays your money and takes your chances. I haven't much time on my Savox SA-1256tg's, but they are quite, smooth and strong enough for my application.
    Mark

Comment

Mark, Thanks for the nice response. It's helpful.

Larry

Comment

Savox sure seems to be a good servo.
        I use Hitec 7955 on retracts, mainly because they are what the retracts are set up for when arriving from the Czech Republic

Tow release needs to be a good quality hi torque.

Len
        Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Len, Thanks. I have no gliders from the Czech Republic, so I think I'm OK.

Comment

Working...
          X