Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Builders, Who's your preferred wood supplier?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Builders, Who's your preferred wood supplier?

When scratch building from plans I've always been very happy with the wood I've gotten from Balsa USA or Aircraft Spruce & Specialty. My upcoming build (1/3.5 Slingsby Sedbergh) identifies Spruce for spars and a few key stringers, but Balsa USA doesn't carry Spruce, only Bass. And Aircraft Spruce doesn't offer it in the smaller dimensions I'm looking for, though I could order thicker and cut it to size on the table saw of a friend. I did find that National Balsa carries the majority of what I'm looking for in the proper dimensions, save for one, but I've never used them.

So who do you use?
    Member In Good Standing - "Builds Slower Than A Dead Turtle Nailed To A Fencepost" Club

I use National Balsa

Len
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

National Balsa, awesome Sitka Spruce.
      Cheers, Thompson
      Klassische Segelflugzeuge

Comment

Don't forget www.aircraftspruce.com for they have cap strip stock in the sizes and lengths we need! In addition to suppliers above don't forget www.Sigmfg.com.

Comment

• Tango Juliet
          Tango Juliet commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd used Aircraft Spruce in the past, but didn't find what I was looking for when I went looking earlier in the week, but you reminded me where I needed to look... Cap Strips! Thanks Michael. I'll place my Balsa and Ply order with National Balsa and my Spruce order with Aircraft Spruce to save a dollars total.
      Working...
      X