Inspection Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspection Camera

There have been several times over the past years where I can't get in to see a section or area of a sailplane or tow plane and inspect the internal structure. Many times I have wanted to look down the fuselage or inside the wings to inspect the structure and found it very challenging. Often leading to opening things up to see what is inside and then having to fix the opening afterward.

I was over at Home Depot the other day picking up a few things and found this Ryobi inspection camera which has a 3 ft length flexible cam with LED lighting. It was reasonably priced at $99 and thought it would be a great help.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I plan on using it to do some internal inspection of the wing ribs and structure of the mounting areas in the 100cc Carbon Cub wings. This will allow me to determine if they need some reinforcement and where I need to open things up to do this effectively.

If I can download still images I'll post them when I look in the wings in the next week.

Thought I would share this in case it might be helpful for others as well.

Bob
    ​

Hey... that's a great idea!

Comment

Bought mine 10 years ago and it's a little crappy looking by now, but Still works great. they come with hooks and magnet tip extensions so you can grab things buried in the wing etc. also it's totally water proof for looking down water pipes or....well, you know. Lol
      Gunny
      Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Harbor Freight has them as well for less money. Mine is also in color, not that it makes much difference.

Comment

$11.00 shipped. Works with Android phones. 2 meter long cable with a periscope attachment, LED's etc. I haven't got mine yet but others that bought them say they work excellent.

Tim

Comment

The cameras from Harbor Freight and ebay sounds fantastic, thank you for sharing about those.

Bob

Comment

Working...
            X