Subscription email notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscription email notifications

I'm not getting email notifications for my subscribed threads. Wondering what I'm doing wrong?

Nodd - Chris Evans

It seems i have the same problem.

Comment

Checking into this guys…. vBulletin 5 is totally different and everyday chucking me curveballs.

Here's what I found.
      If you go to your user name (top right) > User Settings > Notifications (grayed out tab to the right of Profile) you'll see this.

But, before I posted this message I tested my theory and subscribed to the September Soar 2015 event, THEN posted the new message about all the gear, swag and clothing to test if I got notified. Yup, it worked and received a notification in Message Center. Then I navigated to my Messages center and saw this screen.

Looks like you have the option to drop down the menu and choose Off, through my Message center; On; On, Daily or On Weekly. I'm going to leave the default setting from the forum and use the message center here to monitor my subscriptions. Hope this helps, no need to fill up my email box.

ps… Chris I tried doing what you did, but it didn't work…. ugh… so, I'll investigate, but won't be able to get to this until later next week.
      Cheers, Thompson

Comment

Yeah I'm not on the site every day, ideally I'd like an email so I don't miss important posts (like "we're aerotowing this weekend"). I'll check the message center more often then. Thanks for looking into this.
        Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

Okay this is interesting... I received an email notification for this thread (when Csessa posted). I'm not however receiving email notifications for my other subscribed threads. The major difference between those & this one is that I started this thread, the other's I did not. Not sure if that's relevant?
          Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

I've been receiving emails on threads I have subscribed to. Seems to be working for me. I did go into my notification settings and pulled down the drop down menu for "on" and then hit save.

I didn't get a chance to look in Admin settings yet, so far so good. Please let me know if you guys are still not receiving new post notifications.

Comment

Nope, still no subscription notifications. For example Len made this important post four days ago in a thread I'm subscribed to yet I did not receive an email...

http://forum.scalesoaring.com/forum/...=2603#post2603

Also I've not yet received an email regarding the post you just made here which is odd as I got one when Csessa posted here last week.

I've been through my settings again, email notifications are set to "on", hit the save button. As a test I've entered a different email address in my account settings, will see if that helps. But basically no, I've not been receiving notifications. Will report if things change.
              Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

I'll be able to review in more detail next week, thanks for the heads up.
                Cheers, Thompson

Comment

I had a chance to sit down tonight on the iPad mini and look into this. In AdminCP, I adjusted the email que settings to no. Was set to yes which sends subscription email in batches... Maybe this will make a difference.

"Use Mailqueue System
                  When enabled, subscription emails generated by your site will be processed in batches to lessen the load on your server. Account activation, lost passwords and other vital emails are sent instantly regardless of this setting. If your site has low traffic, subscription emails may be delayed. "

Comment

I'll let you know if I start seeing notifications. Thanks again.
                    Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

The forum is using the built in PHP email system and this could be the reason. Might have to swap over to using SMTP on the server. Will take some more time, sorry on holiday....

I did do some slope soaring today at White Crest Beach! VERY COOL!!!

Cheers, Thompson

Comment

I'm headed off to Salem CT tomorrow to do some aerotowing with Len & the guys. Looking forward to that.

I can confirm I'm still not getting notifications even after you changed the email batch option. Fingers crossed SMTP will do the trick. No rush, enjoy your holiday & thank you again.
                        Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

I don't want to jinx myself but I notice the email notifications seem to be working all of a sudden. I've gotten several in the last day or two... cool.
                          Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

Yes, Brad did updates to latest version vBulletin 5.1.9 and the server was bumped up in spec. I haven't done anything lately, glad to hear it is functioning properly.

Comment

I was worried I was missing out on stuff, great to see its working better now. Yay for vBulletin 5.1.9! Thanks a bunch guys.
                              Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

Working...
                              X