Views:	1
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	21080
        A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• ARUP
          ARUP commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought there were two 'helpers'. The server is messed up again!

• JimD
          JimD commented
          Editing a comment
          yep, there are two...but Bates was the only one helping me this time!

Test pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2489.JPG
Size:	281.7 KB
ID:	21082

Name:	IMG_2487.JPG
Size:	316.2 KB
ID:	21083
        A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

From iPhone

Name:	88515BA0-0943-4DF1-B859-BC953D5687B8.jpeg
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	21085

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Retesting posting sizes

small

Name:	IMG_3902.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	21087

medium

ID:	21088

large

ID:	21089

Full size

ID:	21090
            A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Purrfect...
              Team PowerBox Systems Americas ............You can't buy happiness. But, you can buy a sailplane and that's pretty darn close.

Comment

I see them all.

Comment

yes.......
                  Len Buffinton
                  Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Yep - got em

Comment

I can only see them when I open my eyes......what’s up with that?
                      TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

• JimD
                        JimD commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You can have this new laser procedure that punches holes in your eyelids and fix that!

If I allow the forum to upload my photo (1.96 MB and 3264 x 2448 pix) then click on post "Fullsize" this is what the picture looks like:
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3986.JPG Views:	1 Size:	12.0 KB ID:	21099

If if I use an app that resizes the photo to (150 KB and 800 x 600 pix) upload to the forum and click "Fullsize" it looks like this:
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2494.JPG Views:	1 Size:	313.4 KB ID:	21100

Bottom line is smaller file size photos upload quicker and end up looking BIGGER in the forum post!

Problem is how best to resize pictures in a fast simple way. I bought ($1.99 one time cost) this app and used it to resize the above photo. Fast, simple, and quick.

Batch Resize by vsmedia.de
                      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

My old digital camera (2011) could be set to take pictures in an 800 x 600 size. Those would load with no problem and would appear nice and big in the forum post.

Using the full resolution pictures from my digital camera, I could resize them with a feature in my PC's Microsoft Office software called "Picture Manager." I could batch resize photos that I wanted to use in the forum and upload these no problem...but then Microsoft dropped this feature from the newer versions of Office!!! Ugh!

Then I got an iPhone 4S and an iPad 3. The pictures were much larger file sizes and would not upload to the forum period (recent forum software update now will allow them to upload, but they appear as smaller size in forum.) We then started using a web based photo sharing service called PhotoBucket. I could upload my pictures to PhotoBucket and they were automatically resized to 800 x 600 pix. They could also be linked to the forum using their URL assigned by PhotoBucket. No problem..but recently, PhotoBucket instituted a new policy on linking to photos with the URL. Basically, you must purchase the rights to do this for $400 (see Xroadie's post about this). Ugh!

With PhotoBucket gone, I no longer had a quick way to post pictures to the forum with either my iPhone or iPad...

BUT...there is an "app" for that. At least for now, I think I have an answer for my picture posting preferences. I like those nice big pictures!

Now I can take the picture with my iPhone, use the app to resize the pictures I want to post to the forum to 800 x 600, then upload into the forum post. I am a happy guy again.

BTW, the original picture remains and the resized app sends the adjusted picture to a new album you specify.
                        A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

My Canon EOS Rebel T5 currently takes pics of over 5000KB each so I resize them with Canon's own software to ~60-80KB. If I don't do that then the computer (or ISP or server?) hangs. When I post pics I use the 'medium' choice offered on this site. That's the only way I can get pics posted of reasonable size. There is no way for me to upload a pic to this site at 150KB. Been there, done tried that! I guess this is an ISP thing???

Comment

Working...
                          X