No announcement yet.

2016 SeptemberSoar Treffen Aerotow Vermont, Sept 16-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next up... the moon. We did manage to get the Antares to 3470' with little effort thanks to that steady headwind. The planes just went up on tow with little forward progress.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Saturday's photographs, enjoy!

Here are some select shots.

Comment

Many thanks to the areotowing tug pilots and all the Green Mountain Thermal Corps crew!

Comment

Thanks to everyone involved with Green Mountain Thermal Corps for making this year's event another great success. Wonderful hospitality!

Here are some Friday pictures at this link... https://www.flickr.com/gp/135586471@N02/6C1ud0
          Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

great event as usual! Love the people, scene and mountain air. Thanks for the tows guys, and all the volunteers for making it all come together. A few pictures I had...camping always fun, unfortunately I had to leave one day early. See you next at Goshen and Cumberland.

Matt

Comment

Made it home safe with all the planes in flying order. This is always a good thing.

Thanks to all the tow pilots. You guys did a great job especially in the Saturday wind. Such skill!!

Thanks also to Josh and Mark and the other local folks for a great outing. Easygoing fun, with everything we needed. No drama, plenty of food, and great people. I may have to do a little French study for next year.

Thanks also to all the pilots. It is such a pleasure flying with this group. They come to fly. No drama, always willing to help or just talk about flying. Special mention to Scot, Steve and Len for help setting up the Ventus, and putting up with me being a big baby on the first few flights.

Great photos guys.

Hope things work out for a return next year

Comment

Glad everyone had a great weekend. Looked like a good event.

Great shots. Thanks to all you guys for posting them. Next best thing to being there.

Hope to make up next time.

Comment

Awesome weekend! Thanks to all the Vermont guys for hosting a wonderful event. Finally got the Pawnee to an event and put it to work, had an absolute blast flying it. What a great towplane.

Great job by everyone flying in the gusty conditions Saturday and Sunday, even if some of us can't seem to remember to close the spoilers

See you all in Cumberland!
                  Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Regardless of that, You still did a great job.

Len
                    Len Buffinton
                    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Back home safe...1260 total miles driven!

Arrived in Middlebury, VT Wednesday evening after an eleven hour drive. Beautiful scenery made the long drive enjoyable, but the four days of non-stop flying made that long drive worth it!

Event was well attended and the weather was very cooperative, even Sunday turned out to be a great day to fly (sorry about those that departed early because of the forecast). As for the "gusty winds" mentioned...did you mean the gentle breeze right down the runway??? 😉

Thanks to all who made this event possible, and a special thanks to Tony for being my wingman and navigating me through the traffic. My Bidule logged 10 hours of flight time which represents at least 300 launches...add the numbers for Scot, Kevin, and Len and we likely had over 1000.

Very impressed with the number of wives who came out to support their men ("boys with their toys"), I think we had a record number present at this event. Then there were the hot lunches and Saturday night dinner...yum!!! 😃👌

Canada was well represented and it was great to meet so many new folks and to fly with them. Special treat for me was the chance to give Etienne a tow with the Bidule 170 that he sold me!

To Marc, Josh, Tony, Thompson, and all the rest of the Green Mountain Thermal Corps...thanks for the memories!
                      Last edited by JimD; 09-19-2016, 10:21 PM. Reason: I just know I am forgetting to name everyone that I should...just know that you put on a first class event and it was fully appreciated!
                      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Video of the event, enjoy!

Comment

• JimD
                          JimD commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Very well done...was fun to see those memories come back to life!

A short one from Tony of Len and Jason getting up close and uncomfortable in flight...

Comment

Love the Video Thompson, especially the music

It's funny that when you put a quad copter in the air, people try to see how close they can get, just like putting a sailboat in a pond with float planes

Jeremy and Ben
                          SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss1 View Post
                            Love the Video Thompson, especially the music

It's funny that when you put a quad copter in the air, people try to see how close they can get, just like putting a sailboat in a pond with float planes

Jeremy and Ben
                            SCCAAA TT TN
                            Thanks. All I needed was some lederhosen and a proper hat. The wind took care of the cow bells in the background—rattling my shorts pocket—my Audi S6 keys were clinking away!

Comment

Working...
                            X