2015 SeptemberSoar Treffen Aerotow Vermont, Sept 17-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steves post makes me want to come just to try the beer

I have been wanting to come to the Vermont aerotow, ever since I saw the pictures of the beautiful flying site!

Comment

Vermont is home to some great IPA's.... Alchemist (Heddy Topper) for one. I think Lawson Brewery is also nearby. Fiddlehead Mastermind Double is awesome

Comment

All right guys, its really time to get this event up and in the forefront. Since this has proven to be a very special place to fly over the past couple years, if you are at all on the fence about attending the Aerotow, dont hesitate.
        Some pictures from previous years.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2583.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	3234 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2582.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	3235 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2595.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	3236 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2588.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	3237 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2590.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	3238
        Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Made my reservations for Middlebury at the Courtyard Marriott so my wife and daughters would have things nearby to enjoy while I am there flying. We come up on Friday afternoon/evening and will be staying until Sunday afternoon. I should have 1 possibly 2 tugs with me to help with towing (plus sailplanes too of course).

Bob

Comment

It's even an SCC approved field!

SeptemberSoar 2014 photos

Len, I'm on it with all new signage and Josh is catering this year. Yes, this is a wonderful field to fly from.

Comment

My Bidule 180 and Carbon Cub 150 are shined up and ready to tow!!!
              Any size sailplanes are no problem, from foamies to monsters. Bing them all.
              Len Buffinton
              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Just checked in with Scot, he has a new Arcus he is planning to fly there this year. Don has a new DG800 and who knows what else will show up!!!!

COUNTDOWN

LEN
                Len Buffinton
                Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Would be be nice to get a participant list going of sailplanes and head count for the dinner and event. Please post in the thread, I can edit the original post with an updated list. Thanks guys!
                  Cheers, Thompson

Comment

Hi Thompson,

I'll be there with my Paratech Cirrus V Tail, Friday through Sunday. Plus will do the dinner. Thanks for hosting!

Matt

Comment

Team Long Island is coming myself and Rick.
                      Third scale 233 and ASW 20 31% and a quarter scale 126
                      Gunny
                      Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Dan will be flying a Multiplex Cularis and Easy Glider. I will be assembling a Let Ventus, Baudis Antares and H-Model Arcus. Cathy will be flying a Cannon camera under the direction of Jeff Duhaime and probably off picking apples. Arriving Friday, leaving Sunday afternoon. All 3 for dinner on Saturday. Can't wait!! One of my favorite places to fly, relax and fly some more!!

Scot

Comment

Will be arriving either late Thursday night (watch for the lights thru the corn Gunny) or Friday morning. Leaving Sunday. Camping on the field. Will have ASW20, Blanik and Cularis for gliders flying, Canon 60d for photo taking. One for dinner Sat night.

Looking forward. Make it a little warmer this year Thomson

Jeff

Comment

Arriving earlier in week to do some sightseeing and Brewery Visiting, plan on a Full Size Sailplane Ride as well. Will be bringing Blanik and ASW 27. Should be driving SOLO, a remote chance wife will come along, depends on when the Stork arrives (Grandchild #11) (christmas and Birthdays absorb my Airplane Budget)

Comment

See updated main list on page one.
                              Green Mountain Thermal Corps presents the 2015 SeptemberSoar Treffen Aerotow in Vermont Bristol, Vermont Thursday, Sept 17 - Sunday, Sept 20, 2015 Registration

Entrants Sailplane(s), Tug(s) Days Dinner People
                              Soarntz Blanik, ASW 27 Fri-Sun Y 1
                              Bob M Bidule 170, ASH-31mi, Arcus, Ventus, MDM Fox, and Orlik II (possibly 100cc Carbon Cub) Fri-Sun Y 4
                              Len B BIG sailplanes, Bidule 180, Carbon Cub 150 Fri-Sun Y 2
                              Thompson Ka8b, Rad'ster Bergfalke Fri-Sun Y 2
                              Marc B 1/4 Cherokee, Ka8b, Arcus 2.25m Fri-Sun Y 2
                              Matt G ASW 20 Fri-Sun Y 1
                              Matt Paratech Cirrus V-Tail Fri-Sun Y 1
                              Gunny 1/3 233, ASW 20, 1/4 126 Fri-Sun Y 2
                              Rick " " Fri-Sun Y
                              Scot Let Ventus, Baudis Anteres, H-Model Arcus Fri-Sun Y 3
                              Dan Multiplex Cularis, Multiplex Easy Glider Fri-Sun Y
                              Cathy Canon DSLR, crisp Vermont Apples Fri-Sun Y
                              Jeff D ASW 20, Blanik, Cularis, Canon 60d DSLR Fri-Sun Y 1
                              Csessa Sailplanes Fri-Sun Y 1
                              M Alain Sailplanes, Tug Fri-Sun Y 1
                              D Chamberlain ASH26, Fox, DG800 and a Lunak Fri-Sun Y 2
                              Dave P. Sailplanes, 35' trailer, Channel 49 72.770mHz Thu-Sun Y 2

Comment

Don Chamberlain will be there for all three days with his wife Heather
                                He has an ASH26, Fox, DG800 and a Lunak,

Len Buffinton
                                Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X