Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

49th Annual Cumberland Maryland Soar For Fun !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49th Annual Cumberland Maryland Soar For Fun !!!!!

NEXT UP!!!!!!!

49th Annual Cumberland Maryland Soar For Fun
    Wiley Ford, West Virginia
    Thursday, November 5 - Monday, November 9, 2015

Event in Wiley Ford, WV by ScaleSoaring.com - RC Scale Soaring Worldwide on Thursday, November 5 2015

"Cumberland" as it has been called for years, is a must attend for fantastic slope lift and ever changing conditions. We've been all walking around in T-shirts one day and winter coats the next. Bring planes for different conditions and you'll have an absolute blast.

Past year's event photos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0380.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	4693 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0426.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	4694 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0417.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	4695 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0382.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	4696 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0414.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	4697 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0410.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	4698 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0421.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	4699 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0436.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	4700 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0439.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	4701 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0437.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	4702
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Team G is staying at the Braddock
    We will bring the s'mores for the campfire!

See you there

Charlie

Comment

The average daytime temperature for early November is 61 degrees. The long range forecast has consistently predicted for the daytime temperatures to be warmer than this, so, like always, bring shorts and ski pants just to cover all of the bases!

I will be available the whole week prior and the whole week after the scheduled dates, so if anyone wants to come earlier and/or stay later it is fine with me.

The hay bales have been removed, so the field is now wide open...40+ acres of landing area!

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Typical day at the Cumberland Fall Soar for Fun ... This was during the 2013 event.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Who wants more of Cindy's Cinnimon Buns? 😎

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

cinnamon buns around the fire pit...sounds perfectt! Will be great to fly your hills Jim for the first time!....hhhmmm but you say quote

"The hay bales have been removed, so the field is now wide open...40+ acres of landing area!" ...but .....I always prefer to land on the other side of the landing area?

see ya soon

Matt

Comment

You don't want to do that in Cumberland, Matt. Ask me how I know? It is not so much the trees as it is the 1/4 mile walk with carrying your airplane, uphill, that makes it challenging. At the end of the event this Summer, I tried parking my trailer down in the valley in my landing area, but that didn't work out so well either...

I knew a Cindy once, and having her buns next to the fire, well, while fun for me, not so much for everyone else. Things did end up sticky though. Cinnimon buns are a must have!!

Comment

Will be there Friday thru Sunday, NO snow...........

Comment

I will arrive Wednesday evening, Snatch is still on the fence, someone push him off please
                  Anyone need anything from The Model Box, let me know and we will deliver to the mountain top!

Jeremy and Ben
                  SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

SNATCH...you must come, it just will not be the same without you!

...and remember the good food!

...and the flying!

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

ANNOUNCEMENT

In keeping with tradition, the Soar for Fun will be incorporating an educational seminar into the event. Our returning guest speaker will be the world renown professor of all things model aviation, the most honorable Professor Jerome Hartmann.

Professor Hartmann will be conducting a seminar on aerial photography and lost plane location using the latest digital technology. Don't miss this unique educational opportunity!
                      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

For those that missed the opportunity to hear Professor Hartmann's previous seminar at the Cumberland Summer Soaring event two years ago, click on the link below to view the video.

http://vid166.photobucket.com/albums...ps6248e358.mp4
                        A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                          ANNOUNCEMENT

In keeping with tradition, the Soar for Fun will be incorporating an educational seminar into the event. Our returning guest speaker will be the world renown professor of all things model aviation, the most honorable Professor Jerome Hartmann.

Professor Hartmann will be conducting a seminar on aerial photography and lost plane location using the latest digital technology. Don't miss this unique educational opportunity!
                          I like the idea of a seminar on aerial photography and plane location, any volunteer's for downing your plane to make this realistic
                          Snatch McLeod can can cover the editing part of the aerial photography seminar
                          Oh...and Buffinton bring your Iron and Board, it's going down

Jeremy and Ben
                          SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

A brand new Holiday Inn Express just opened in LaVale. It is right beside D'Atri's Restaurant, which is a popular breakfast spot for the SFF group. No picture yet, but is the same style as the other crop of resent hotels they have opened. This is their website listing:

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

I'll be attending Friday till Sunday, see y'all then

Comment

Working...
                              X