MRCA Fall aerotow october 24th and 25th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bidule Report...

well I towed during the weekend, half with my trainer 50 and half with the bidule.

those who know the Trainer 50, by the end of the weekend I was feeling it, landing a bit hot in comparison to the Bidule (it is really landing slow,..)
    A couple times I was all flaps out with the bidule and the DA100 idling, it looked like the plane was flying at no speed on approach, as Len says, after you learn the plane and characteristics, you will have much shorter pattern to land, increasing the number of climb per unit of time...

The airframe is really slick, while playing with the engine settings it quit couple time while in the landing circuit and didn't feel the difference with or without the engine...

I will bring it in Cumberland to tweak the engine with you guys and will mount the cans and the cowl this winter

On a pull side, the Czapla that Miroslaw owns (about 40#) was pulled without any issue with a very good climb rate while the Trainer and DA85 rate of climb was much more modest

Love it!

Stéphane
    Stéphane
    Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

Working...
    X