Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

June flash mob aerotow in Cumberland MD JUNE 26-30 or longer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June flash mob aerotow in Cumberland MD JUNE 26-30 or longer.

Windy Ridge canceled their aerotow and we scrambled to put one together in Cumberland MD a few hours later.

Today was arrival day, Meeting Jim on the mountain this morning at 11:00 was not planned, but worked out perfectly. I was able to do a little maintenance on some planes while Jim set up his facility.
    Soon it was time to get flying. A light breeze and warm temps made for a PERFECT day. The forecast is for the exact same all week long.
    Jim towed with his new Smelly Yak and I flew the 8m Arcus and did a little towing also.
    The slope as very active so high speed, low altitude passes were the mission of the day. Seeing 8 meters of gleaming fiberglass come streaking across the flight line over and over is a great feeling.
    Others soon arrived, towing continued and dinner was cooked and served on the mountain. After dinner, a flight of 4 night RADIANS took to the black sky. What a blast.
    Could it get any better...

YES,

Jim calls everyone to the hanger for ice cream and chocolate syrup.

MMMMMM

LEN

Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	37313

Name:	image2.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	37314

Name:	image3.jpeg
Views:	77
Size:	300.9 KB
ID:	37315

Jim filing a flight plan.
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Wednesday late afternoon into the night was an incredible bit of flying. What Len didn’t say is the ice cream was served at 10 PM! What a day!

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	37318

Name:	
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	37319

Name:	
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	37317

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

cant wait for july summer fly in

Comment

Now you are really rubbing it in. Ice cream without me. I had hip surgery Monday. All is well and I will be flying soon. Have fun this week

Comment

• Soaranator
          Soaranator commented
          Editing a comment
          Get well soon Ed!
          Bill

yet another full day of flying. Im totally exhausted, even though I took a nap at the field something this afternoon. Towing was nonstop and two tugs were running for awhile during the day also.

Dinner on the mountain, night radians and ice-cream again..... BACK TO THE GYM FOR THIS GUY,
        Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Some photos I finally figured out how to share. Mostly not edited maybe something to look at.

Comment

Glad to hear it tuned out so well .Been enjoying the photos here and on fb. Wish I was there but planning on it for the next one.

​

Comment

Thanks to Jim Dolly for opening up his field for us to fly... GREAT time flying and the social part was GREAT as well. Everyone pitched in to help... As usual. See ya'all in a couple weeks.

Comment

Thanks Jim. Got home safe and sound. great last minute event. Big thanks to Stephan for completing the landing that I started.

Steve K
                Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Home safe after a great few days of flying. Thanks to Jim Dolly for the hospitality. See you again in a couple weeks.

Comment

Nice dress rehearsal for the July big show! A fun few days in mountain paradise with a great group of soar nuts. Thanks, Jim!
                    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Just got back home.
                      Marathon 8+ hour drive through moderate traffic. Its sooooo worth the long drive.
                      Thank you to Jim for allowing this motley crew to take over his property for 5 plus days and literally live there, We'd arrive at 8 am and leave at 10:30 PM, never leaving the field in between.
                      Marcy, thank you for all your behind the scenes efforts. We know all you do to help with the food and other comforts for everyone.
                      Lastly, thanks to the tug drivers for towing and Special thank you for the main cook, "Salmon Dave"

len
                      Len Buffinton
                      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Yes...a major thank you to Chef Dave for his culinary skills! Salmon, Chicken Tenderloins, and Asparagus grilled to perfection for our Friday evening dinner.

Name:	IMG_2951.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	37343

Name:	IMG_2952.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	37344

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Every single participant pitched in to help with some aspect of the event, and that made for a stress free event for all of us...certainly one of the smoothest running events we ever had at the HighPoint Airfield.

Thank you to all who attended, many special memories.

Name:	IMG_2959.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	37350

Name:	IMG_2958.JPG
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	37349

Name:	IMG_2957.JPG
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	37348

Name:	IMG_2955.JPG
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	37346

Name:	IMG_2956.JPG
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	37347

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

...and yes, there are bears in the area!!!

Name:	IMG_2954.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	37353

Name:	IMG_2953.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	37352

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment