Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CANCELED 4th Annual Windy Ridge Aerotow June 27-30 — fly at Cumberland, MD instead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CANCELED 4th Annual Windy Ridge Aerotow June 27-30 — fly at Cumberland, MD instead

The Windy Ridge RC Flyers are proud to invite the ScaleSoaring.com community back to Loucks Field for the 4th Annual Windy Ridge Aerotow! If you haven't been to the last 3 events, you've been missing out! Plan to attend this year.

Loucks Field (25NK) is a private grass airport located in the heart of the Finger Lakes Region of upstate New York. This area has a wonderful history in aviation and we continue to add to it with this premier event. We operate off of a pair of beautiful intersecting grass runways, with plenty of room for towing operations and lots of room for those more challenging landings. Gary, the owner also generously allows us use of his hangar for overnight airplane storage. Make sure to pop in, check out his latest projects and say hello to the goats! And when it comes to meal time, don't you worry! Club President and Chef Extraordinaire Jim Smith keeps us well fed with meals provided at the field! Plan on flying from sun up to sun down and even into the night.

If you need a break from flying (and there is a lot of it!) the Glenn Curtiss Museum and National Soaring Museum are a short drive away. Don't forget to bring the wife/girlfriend along too! There are plenty of wineries, shopping, craft fairs, museums and more around to enjoy!

Landing fee is $25/day with a maximum for $50. Please help us plan by registering HERE

Camping (no hook ups) and casual flying open on Wednesday

In addition, this year we are offering T-shirts for the event, designed by my wonderful girlfriend, Marcie! This will be a special order, so if you'd like one to wear at the event please send me a PM here or email at citabria76f@gmail.com with your order and size. Shirts will be $20 and can be paid through Paypal. Last day for orders is June 14th to ensure we have them for the event!

Accommodations in Hammondsport

Vinehurst Inn & Suites (607) 569-2300
    Best Western Plus (607) 224-4120
    Keuka Lakeside Inn (607) 569-2600
    Keuka Lake Motel (607) 292-6622

Accommodations in Bath

Microtel Inn (607) 776-5333

Directions to the Windy ridge field

Your GPS will get you there, but, it will probably take you the back way, pretty, but some dirt roads. (Ask Len)

Here is the recommended route to Windy Ridge field, nice pavement, no dirt:
    Take exit 38 off route 86 – Bath Exit
    You will see hotels at this exit
    Follow route 54 North signs
    You will see the Hammondsport Fire department on your left.
    Take the next right up the hill – this is Rt 87, Wayne road
    You will see a sign for Watkins Glen and Camp Gorton, Turn right on Rt 114
    Turn Left on Ridge Road (first left)
    Go just about a mile and you will see the field on the left

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Last edited by Sinkhappens86; 05-20-2019, 02:47 PM.
    Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Photos from previous events!

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Registered, camping, dining at the field all days and ordered a couple of shirts.
      Gunny
      Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Registered so far

Len B
        Mile L
        Bill L
        Jim D
        Gunny B
        Dan R
        Burt P
        Stephane R
        Kevin K
        Steve K
        Scot S
        Conio S
        Andre B
        Last edited by lenb; 04-30-2019, 12:39 PM.
        Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Registered and booked at the Microtel in Bath.

This is a great event, at a great site, with great food, and great people...and if the weather cooperates with a little rain, you have the perfect opportunity to visit the Glenn Curtiss Museum in Hammondsport!

Don't miss this ☝️
          A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Only 10 more days to get a shirt order in! Message me here or send an email to citabria76f@gmail.com!
            Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!! The Windy Ridge field has really suffered from this wet spring we've had. Gary does not believe the field will be dry enough for the event as scheduled. Talking to the club and people planning to attend here at Salem, we've decided to reschedule the event for June 27th - June 30th!
              Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• Steve P
                Steve P commented
                Editing a comment
                Looking forward to it!

• BurtPR
                BurtPR commented
                Editing a comment
                I have reprogrammed my self-driving car as needed.

OK, hotel reservation changed and ready to fly. I believe I have registered for the event.

If you are going and need to change reservations, act now. Apparently I was lucky to be able to change to the new dates.

Comment

Yes, apparently this is a race weekend at Watkins Glen. We have been advised that you are better off calling in reservations to hotels. Most are showing sold out or ridiculous rates online.
                Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Another update: The deadline for ordering event T shirts is now June 14th! Get your orders in now by PMing me here or emailing me at citabria76f@gmail.com
                  Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

One more week to get your shirt orders in! Deadline is June 14th! PM here or email me at citabria76f@gmail.com!
                    Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Event is just over a week away! Shirts have been ordered and the club is getting the field ready! Looking forward to seeing everyone!
                      Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

It's unfortunate that something has come up and I will have to unregister myself from this event. Sorry guys. I was really looking forward to go.
                        Gunny
                        Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

All,

We met at the field today and unfortunately the field is still too wet. We dont want to put ruts in the field, so, we have to cancel. We will look at later dates and see if we can work an event in. Sorry for the inconvenience, We were really forward to flying and seeing everybody.

Steve K
                          Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.ATTENTION<<<<<<<<<<

Luckily we can still fly.

We moved the event to CUMBERLAND MD
                            Thanks to Jim having his field in top shape we can all go there.

Same dates.

Unfortunately we will all miss out on this awesome site, but perhaps we can work a date in later this summer? Aug 1 ?

Lets go... text anyone you know and tell them... spread the word
                            Last edited by lenb; 06-24-2019, 01:58 AM.
                            Len Buffinton
                            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Working...
                            X