2015 Horizon Hobby Aerotow june 18-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Horizon Hobby Aerotow june 18-21

Well about a month to go to see friends ...
    Stéphane
    Horizon Hobby Team Member

Will arrive on Wednesday, and leave on Monday. If anyone needs products from Horizon while at the event, let me or Ben know as we will pick up orders on Thursday and Friday during the event and deliver to the field!

Jeremy and Ben
    SCC AA TT

Comment

Looking forward to the event.
      Arriving on Wednesday also and leaving on Monday.
      Prepping an H-9 Decathlon to help out with towing duties. Lets see if we can keep the waiting line to a minimum this year.

Hope to see everyone there.

LEN
      Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Horizon Hobby Aerotow is just now around the corner,

We have a room left at a preferred rate (70$ a night) where we stay, at the Fairfield in Champaign.
        If you are looking for a nice room with a reasonable price, please contact Jeremy aka Swiss1 on the forum.

Stéphane
        Stéphane
        Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

Guys..it looks like this may be the last HH Aerotow at the Illini Glider Club Facility. Apparently the glider port may be shutting down. Next year the event will be held at Eli Field, over by the RR Museum. It is a very nice facility. I am looking forward to this years event as well as the move to the new event site!
          Pete

Comment

Awe, that's a bummer! Actually its really not a big deal overall. The Eli field is really a nice facility. I'm going to stop over there this time and take a closer look and get some pictures.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Len
            Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I was seriously considering coming to this event until I realized it is on Father's Day weekend. What were they thinking? Our family makes a big deal out of Mother's Day and Father's Day. It would not be cool for me to be gone until late Sunday evening on Father's Day.

Comment

Too bad Art, you'll miss a good one!!!

What says thanks to a father than having him enjoy himself out at the finest event in the country?

Len
                Len Buffinton
                Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• ingrahal
                  ingrahal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe that was what they were thinking. But I'm not the only father in the family and we celebrate as a family. I'm just aggravated that they chose that weekend. Surely it wasn't the only date they could have picked.

Originally posted by French1 View Post
                Horizon Hobby Aerotow is just now around the corner,

We have a room left at a preferred rate (70$ a night) where we stay, at the Fairfield in Champaign.
                If you are looking for a nice room with a reasonable price, please contact Jeremy aka Swiss1 on the forum.

Stéphane

Please note the room is no longer available!

Jeremy and Ben
                SCC AAA TT

Comment

Can't wait!

Kris and I will be up Wed night and out flying Thursday thru Sunday.

I'll be doing a feature for Model Aviation too so we will get some good love for the sport.

See you guys soon!
                  Andy

Comment

Really looking forward to this event. This will be my 7th year in a row attending and each year is better than the last. New faces and new friends are always seen and made. Where else can all the guys from across the country come together for one glorious long weekend of sailplane flying and bs sessions?

See you all there!!

Len
                    Len Buffinton
                    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I just learned that this will not be the last year the event will be held at the glider port.....just goes to show that what shows up in ones Facebook feed is not always fact

Comment

I have been hoping for a while now that a trial subpoena with my name on it would be postponed yet again, but no luck. I have to testify at a homicide trial that starts today. The prosecuting attorney informs me that he probably won't get to me "until Friday". That's not going to work out well for the 9 hour drive to Monticello. This will be the second time I have testified in this almost two year old case. The first trial was declared a mistrial and now we start all over again with a new jury.

So since I am under subpoena, the court system owns me until the trial is over. No Horizon Aerotow for me. Have fun everyone and hopefully I can make up for missing this event at our Sled-Works aerotow in July.

Dang.....

Tim

Comment

Such a bummer Tim....was looking forward to having you there again this year...Work can sure get in the way of having fun...
                          kevin

Comment

Well, I hesitated to send out an email about not being able to attend this event as after 28 years, I have a handle on how our court system works. As luck would have it, I received a call today from the prosecuting attorney saying that this case has yet again been postponed until further notice. So, I am free to attend the Horizon Aerotow! I'm back in the game! I'm looking forward to flying and hanging out with the pilots!

Tim

Comment

Working...
                            X