No announcement yet.

Apache Pass Aerotow 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a photo of the Apache Pass 2019 organizing team on Memorial Day weekend. Under the 100+ year old pecan tree. It is located near the San Gabriel River ford the Apache indians used to ford the "pass" across the river. The site is on the Apache Pass Event Center grounds just north of the flying field. We all hope to see you and more of you that didn't our couldn't attend next year.
    Mark

Comment

Today I received quite a few pictures and this is the first post of more to come. This post is from some of Thursday. Here are some comments of the shots insequence:
      • The field how it looked at around 12:00 PM
      • Getting ready for the first aerotow flights at Apache Pass
      • How we parked
      • Linda Blevins taking landing fees
      • Linda getting ready to serve the pilots a catered BBQ lunch
      • Linda passing out home baked cookies for desert!

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	94.6 KB ID:	36117

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	125.1 KB ID:	36118

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	142.9 KB ID:	36119

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	138.5 KB ID:	36120

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	162.2 KB ID:	36121

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	151.7 KB ID:	36122

Last edited by Mark9; 04-30-2019, 05:57 PM. Reason: OOP's guess I'm now truly retired...wrong day.
      Mark

Comment

Looks like an awesome event! I'm in and out of Austin a lot, but never have any models with me. Might have to make a trip down there at some point!
        Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• Mark9
          Mark9 commented
          Editing a comment
          We may not have another official event until next year. October is good in Texas, but in the fall there are too many other events that are traditional which would water down the potential pilot base to draw from. Also, about the first of November is when a rogue, what Texans call one, cold front could hit in a matter of a day or two. Temperatures in the 50's is cold to many after months of 90-100+ which may keep the locals at home. There already is talk of having it again next year. So, stay tuned because I will post any news here.
          Last edited by Mark9; 05-01-2019, 12:29 AM.

Here are some more from Thursday after the flash flooding rains quit before dawn. It took me too long to resize the pictures, so from here out I will just upload them.
        Mark

Comment

The end of Thursday photos.
          Mark

Comment

Clearly, Linda is the ,ost important person at the aerotow!!! GO Linda!!! Looks like it was a great event! Congrats and hope you can have many more.

Comment

Yes, Linda was instrumental in keeping us well feed. John's wife Ann helped her as well as taking most all of the pictures I am posting. Here are some from Friday. Also, our three primary tow pilots who deserve recognition for their outstanding work getting us in the air.

Mark

Comment

Here are the last few I have to post. Unfortunately many of the pictures are too large for me to post. It was a fun event and we hope many of you will come when we host another.
                Mark

Comment

Here's some video from the inaugural event. We had a great time and hope all that attended did as well. We are talking about another for next year. So stay tuned.

This video is about Apache Pass Aero Tow 2019 Texas, Texas April 25-27 2019For information contact genetrevino@prodigy.net

Mark

Comment

• ARUP
                    ARUP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great vid! I hope I can make next year's event!

• lenb
                    lenb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice dual landing at the end. Also, the glass ship landing in heavy wind........ excellent approach.

• edfmaniac
                    edfmaniac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I got lucky and the plane did most of the work on that landing at 14:00. I'm glad it was captured on video.
                Working...
                X