It's Official, New Location for the Horizon Hobby Aerotow, June 12-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Official, New Location for the Horizon Hobby Aerotow, June 12-16

After many years of flying at the beautiful Illini Glider Port in Monticello IL, the facility is being closed and we had to find a new location for the annual grandaddy of all aerotows.
    A few different locations were scouted, some with good features, others with better, but in the end it came down to the perfect location.......

AMA Headquarters in Muncie Indiana, June 12-16, 2019.

We'll be flying from the 6x6 on site 5.
    This location has proven over the years to boast big thermal activity, so when you travel here, you can be assured of good lift.

More information will be posted soon so you can make travel plans and lodging arrangements.

Len
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Great news! I've never flown there so it will give me another reason to go!

Comment

This will be a great place to fly. Have been to the NATS many times and love the facility.

Comment

We'll have the event flyer and hope to open registration next week. The International Aeromodeling Center is perfect for big scale soaring, plus lots to see and do in the local area. Plenty of hotel options, more food, on-site camping (primitive and hookup) and showers, not to mention the National Model Aviation Museum. We hope to see a big turnout for this one, please spread the word.

Craig
        Last edited by CRG; 10-16-2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I would love to come to this. Will look into getting it on my vacation calendar

Comment

In case you are like me and have never seen this location. Looks very nice.

Comment

• Fred Sanford
              Fred Sanford commented
              Editing a comment
              Makes two of us Tim.

Registration should be live tomorrow.

Comment

REGISTRATION IS OPEN: https://www.scalesoaring.com/horizon-hobby-registration

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	103.5 KB ID:	32062
              Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Have this one on my leave calendar now. Should have my Skylark ready to go by then!

Comment

I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                  X