No announcement yet.

52nd Annual Cumberland, MD Fall Soar for Fun ~ October 31 - November 4, 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone this is Juan, the guy with the Comp ARF DG-800s at Sky High. I'm planning on arriving Thursday morning and wondering who else is arriving early?
    Hope many on that 30+ registration list will.
    Juan

Comment

There will be a good number of people arriving on Thursday, and Wednesday for that matter... You won't be standing on the mountain alone, guaranteed!! See you there!!

Comment

• ARUP
        ARUP commented
        Editing a comment
        Y'all have fun! Hope the weather holds.

Burt P-R is already here and we got in some flying before dark.

We are meeting at Linda's Old Furnance Restaurant at 8:00am tomorrow morning.
      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Just about to leave the house and meet Snatch for a 5am departure, hope to arrive early evening!

Comment

Where are the summaries and photos for those of us living the event vicariously through this thread?!
          Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• JimD
            JimD commented
            Editing a comment
            Wish you were here!

• Sinkhappens86
            Sinkhappens86 commented
            Editing a comment
            I wish I was there too!

• Steve P
            Steve P commented
            Editing a comment
            Look to Pete’s facebook and scale soaring facebook. We are just too darn busy flying. ;-). We have had huge slope lift, thermal lift and all in between. Just started to rain at 4:00 Friday. Weekend looks great.

Does someone have Pete's Facebook page link? Thanks!

Comment

Peter

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

scale soaring

ScaleSoaring.com - RC Scale Soaring Worldwide. 6,152 likes · 8 talking about this. Scale gliders and towplanes -Scale Soaring Worldwide - slope, aerotow and electric. A resource for anyone who loves...

Stéphane
            Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

• Wild Doogie
              Wild Doogie commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you! Weather looks good....going to be in the 30"s tomorrow AM. Clocks go back an hour too!

Another fine day on the mountain!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	204A2BE0-5A46-4896-9501-123AFC8F94BC.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	31005
            A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Found out about this too late but I will pack up the motor home, Dogs, Mary, and drive out next year.

Comment

Jim,

Thanks for an awesome event. Great slope lift and great thermal lift. Wide range of weather provided! Food was fantastic. Amazing the improvements you have made to the mountian. Can't wait to return. Thanks for all you do for the soaring community!

Steve K
                Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

yes thanks again Jim for all you two do for this great event and making the mountain better and better every season,... and of course to all the volunteers and tow guys too!! A great time and making some new friends every event also.

see you all soon,

Matt

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	76.0 KB ID:	31075

Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks to our host Jim Dolly for making this field better every time we comes visiting him, the road below the building was a real plus to delimit the area and avoid the greasy ground when it rains. The sky deck was especially appreciated by these like me that went up to the deck on a long chair for flying, very resting.

Big thanks to all the tow pilots that have towed during the entire week end. Flawless towing!

The venue of Ali with the ASH was a treat, especially for these who haven't seen it yet, turbine was a plus of course... I have been particularly impressed by the low weight of the combo and its efficiency, this k30 match very well the air frame. Also been impressed by Ali's skill that flew it all day Saturday in 20-25mph wind, the only scale ship how flew that day on the slope with the other slopers. Took of like a charm and the prop is definitely a plus for landing so you can adjust path if you are short or long, not speaking of the AS3000 gyro that did well in cumbi turbulence and rotors, kudos ALI!

Peter Goldsmith design was here to with his entire fleet, a beautiful skylark, that was not alone on sunday with the assembly of Ed's Skylark... close to be done!

A lot of people showed up for this must go to venue!

some pictures (129) are uploading to make those who didn't came crying, put on your agenda the next date, whatever the forecast is saying...

stay tuned, I will post picture link ASAP

Stéphane

Comment

It's not often you get to check two items off your RC Soaring "bucket list" in one weekend. Getting to Cumberland from Florida has been a dream of mine for several years. This year circumstances allowed it and the visit didn't disappoint. Jim Dolly and his lovely wife Marcy were wonderful hosts and I enjoyed every minute at their beautiful facility, whether I was flying or not. For a flatlander like myself the view alone was worth the trip!
                      With much appreciated help from Len and Scott I achieved my second dream goal, flying in slope lift. When your normal flying is 100% dependent on thermal lift for endurance the ability to just fly out over the valley and soar in a smooth blanket of air rising up the hillside is breathtaking. The ability to relax and enjoy flying the airplane completely alters your mental outlook on Scale Sailplane flying after only a few minutes.
                      I'll sure try to make it back again soon. At 80, time isn't on my side and long solo trips are getting tougher, but I think I've got a few left in me!

Comment

here is the album

enjoy
                        120 new photos · Album by Stephane Ruelle
                        Stéphane

Comment

• Sinkhappens86
                          Sinkhappens86 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Great photos Stephane, I'm ready for March now!

The 52nd Annual Cumberland Fall Soar for Fun is now in the history book...wow...52 years!!!!

After a lot of anxiety about the weather forecast, the actual conditions turned out to be amazing. All types of soaring conditions compressed into a couple of days.

Very pleased to see so many pilots take advantage of those varied conditions. All-in-all, as a host, it was one of the best events one could hope for as everything fell in place at the right time.

Thanks to all who made the journey to the mountain top, you made this event wonderful!!!
                        A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Working...
                        X