Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancaster Area Soaring Society Aerotow - August 24-26, 2018

Posting on behalf of the LASS Club (I am not a member):

Lancaster Area Soaring Society Aerotow is set for August 24-26. Located in the middle of beautiful Lancaster area farm country! 534 Greystone Road, Manheim, PA 17756 USA

Lunch will be available at the field. Camping is available at the field, but there are no hook ups and no fires allowed. You can keep track on Facebook under the LASS group of Club Events......Landing Fee is $20.00. Event will be on the south field -- the one closest to farm market.

LASS FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Lanc...oaringsociety/

CLUB WEBSITE: http://www.lassrc.org/

REGISTER FOR THE EVENT: https://www.scalesoaring.com/lass-registration

Tow planes and pilots are needed for the event, so if you tow please bring along your tug. Len B, Steve P and Don C. are confirmed to tow right now.

There will be no towing with Amish horse and buggy. Sorry.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	205.5 KB ID:	28290
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

I'm in for all days... Will be camping.
    Gunny
    Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Unfortunately, this event falls on the same date as my 50th class reunion...a milestone that I do not want to miss. Have a great time everyone, see you next at Muncy.
      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• Soaranator
        Soaranator commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks again for the hospitality Jim, will miss you at LASS. I'm going to my 50th high school reunion this Friday!
        Bill Liscomb

Unfortunately, work is going to get in the way, I won't be able to make this one. Sorry guys.
      Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

The Lancaster sod farm is awesome! Even I can land on the grass there! 😂

Unfortunately, I can’t make that event, but will be attending the Muncy event in September. I’m sure the Lancaster event will be a great time. Have fun, everybody!

Comment

Which nearby motels do you fellows recommend?

Thanks

Bill

Comment

Tow plane update as of 8/14. The LASS club does not have any of their own tow pilots/planes. Many of the usual travelling tow pilots have other travel or vacation plans, so the event will not have the typical tug air force to which we've become accustomed. Here is the current list I could glean from looking at the registrations...

Len - Čmelák w DA150

Steve - Bidule 111 w DA100

Don - Pilatus Porter w DA120

Joey M - AMR 50 w ??
            Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Steve,

Chances are 50-50 that I will be there with a Porter w DA 120

Steve K
              Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• Steve P
                Steve P commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, Steve. Great almost news. Fingers crossed. :-)

Make sure it is on the right side of 50 then...... Hope you can make it!!

Comment

FOR SALE AT LASS... I have a beautiful plane stand that needs a new home. All hardwood, sealed with poly. Folds for storage, adjustable arms to hold fuselage, shelf for storage, work surface with lip so tools don’t roll off.

Happy to entertain any offers. I can deliver at the Aerotow this weekend. Just send me a private message if interested.

Comment

Headed down Fri afternoon and camping
                  Jim S

Comment

Weather is looking perfect. High temperatures near 80 and light winds. See you guys on friday.

Comment

Wish I could make this one... have fun all

Matt

Comment

For Sale at LASS

Multiplex Condor. Very nice condition. All servos installed including tow release. Needs balancing, RX and battery. Selling for a friend who is getting out of the hobby.

Dave R.

Comment

really looking forward to some relaxing flying in a wide open space. Weather looks great!! See you guys there.
                          Len Buffinton
                          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Working...
                          X