No announcement yet.

2018 Clover Creek Aerotow!!! Sept. 13-16th 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great weekend, spent with wonderful people. like Jelly said, perfect weather although very HOT Not sure how many bottles of water I consumed, but it was a lot!
    Thanks to the Clover Creek gang David, Gil, Skip, Tina and Ashley, for making us feel at home every time we gather at this magnificent venue
    It must be mentioned that this would not be a yearly event had it not been for Big John and what he built before leaving this earth! We hope this event carries on for a long time, I for one will always attend and I'm sure all who have seen this place will also come back.

After putting all the planes up at the end of the day it was time for Timber Combat on the pond

Throw in a couple of cocktails and watch the foam fly! The Brave Night is once again in need of repair......YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO DAVID
    There were some great Pool matches and a very funny Karaoke evening on Saturday, Christian and I killed Abba's Waterloo....literally

FUN FUN FUN

Jeremy
    SCCAAA TT TN
    Last edited by Swiss1; 09-17-2018, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Tom, keep pictures coming. 😀

Comment

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to come out and enjoy Clover Creek this past week. It is always a joyful time having the aerotow here. I speak for everyone on the staff when I say it is our favorite event. So many memories are made each year! Swiss won the endurance challenge for the longest flight being 42:48. And will have his name added to the plaque. Pretty damn impressive for the weather that we ended up being blessed with. As always Mike "Jelly" Kelly had the most flights, i'm sure this is true for every event he goes to. HAHA!
        "Timber Combat" is something new that of course Jeremy came up with! lol but was absolutely a blast! BTW there is a $20 Insurance policy you can obtain through the model box 2.0, which covers everything from broken props, to cut off tail sections and being instigated by the Swisstigator!
        Karaoke was something else, I would never thought to have actually sing. I suppose enough cocktails can make you do just about anything.
        I would like to thank "Turbine" for making his way all the way from Greenville, SC to join us now for the past 3 years. Furthest traveled!
        Also, a huge thanks to Tom McCloud and ARUP for taking so many incredible pictures this week!
        Thank you all for such a wonderful time!
        See you soon,
        David
        P.S. Tom McCloud is a pool shark. Do not bet this man at pool. You will be broke by the end of the night.

Comment

• Swiss1
          Swiss1 commented
          Editing a comment
          The Model Box 2.0 is no longer offering $20.00 Insurance policies!

Thanks to the Clover Creek crew for another great event, because of this 3 members of Memphis Prop Busters have started flying sailplanes. I am getting plenty of time air towing.
        Next year we should have a good turnout from Memphis.
        Thanks again "Big Al"

Comment

Working...
        X