NARCA 10th AEROTOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NARCA 10th AEROTOW!

I noticed that a thread had not been started for our 10th aerotow so here it is.

I've been busy working on two sailplanes one of which will (hopefully) get it's maiden flight this Saturday, weather permitting. This one is a World Models (ARF) 1/4 scale Hall Cherokee II that I'm finishing up just in time for the Cumberland summer aerotow. I have designed and made the first prototype 3D printed cockpit for it and so far it is working well. I need to finish up on some of the details and print a final version in ABS. That will give me the compensation weight I need in order to balance the airplane tomorrow night. The first prototype print was around 10 hours so the final will take about twice that. I'll attach some pictures when I get it done.

The other sailplane is a ASW20 which I haven't really gotten started on quite yet. I've been so busy working that my plane building and flying time has suffered!

So, make plans on being at the 10th annual NARCA aerotow the first weekend in October (4-7). I hope to see ya there!
    Attached Files

Yes Ladies and Gentlemen, that's less than 3 months, time flies, or does it glide
    So mark it on your calendar and tell all your friends
    And see you in Cumberland Tim!

Jeremy
    SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

I plan to attend. Good ol' George Epps! Look up (Google) the Epps' aviation heritage in Alabama. The Epps family has been in aviation for a long time.

Comment

Nice to have you come back down again Jelly
        We hope some of you more northern guys will make the trip!

Jeremy
        SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

So... who all is attending? It's just around the corner!

Comment

Well..............me of course!!

Comment

• ARUP
              ARUP commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh no! Not you again! lol

I’ll be there Thursday and Friday. I plan to show up Wednesday afternoon to help set up too. What time are folks getting there Wednesday?

When is Mr. Woodward showing up?

Andy

Comment

Chris said he will be there, but when I have no idea! I expect to be there Wednesday mid afternoon!

Jeremy
              SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

• ARUP
                ARUP commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll get to hotel early evening.

I never completed my T21, so I still don't have a flyable sailplane. I've been on the fence about coming up this year to hang out again because I just returned from a trip to north-central Indiana to visit family last month and I don't really need to spend any more money. But a club member mentioned maybe wanting to go as a visitor this year and mentioned going halvsies on accommodations. I still have to think about it.
              [B]"I have not yet begun to procrastinate!"[/B] -- [B][I]Geoff Painter[/I][/B]

Comment

I'll be there as soon as I can.

Comment

Seems like every time I commit to an event, make reservations, etc. something completely unexpected comes along and knocks me out of it. So I'm only going to say Rick Lake and I may be there on Friday and Saturday.

Tom McP

Comment

• ARUP
                    ARUP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hope y'all make it but if you don't... more tows for me! lol

Tom, let me know if you do attend, and I will bring your remaining ASH components!

Jeremy
                  SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

• Tom McP
                    Tom McP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    OK Jeremy, will do. Thanks for chasing me around the country with that stuff!

We will be doing field setup at 5pm on Wednesday the 3rd. Please don't setup anything until that time. We will have the field open so that you can get your vehicle in.

We had a crew of club members that came out and cleared the access road for the big rigs to get in. I was supposed to join them but came down with a really bad sinus infection.

Hope to see a bunch of you there!

With what is going on with the FAA, this could be the last aerotow for all of us..........

Comment

Let's keep this positive Tim!

Jeremy
                    SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Hey all!

I plan on making it out, hopefully Thursday and some of Friday, and maybe some of the weekend. I'm not looking forward to seeing what happens considering the FAA bill based the House.

I'll be bringing the PZ Ka8. Jeremy, is your PC-6 still flying? I think it is about the only thing slow enough to safely tow this baby girl...

Comment

• Swiss1
                        Swiss1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes the electric PC-6 is still in service, refreshing the batteries this very moment!

• sneasle
                        sneasle commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Cool, thanks!
                    Working...
                    X