No announcement yet.

2018 Sky High Aero Tow - Muncy, PA - September 14-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great time at Muncy. Only regret is I had to miss the first couple of days. Many thanks to Len, Steve, Scott, Kevin and others for putting it together, towing, etc. To Mark too for allowing us to use such a superb site. Also the ladies for providing the lunch coverage for us.

Thanks to Pete for helping with the trim on the ASW20 and the general discussions on technique. Next time tell me when you are going to do the low inverted pass with the 40% 1-26. I am so bummed I missed it .

Thanks (I think) to Len for challenging the photographer with "Jeff, we have this Lamborgini we want to do a high speed pass over with the 8m Arcus and have you get the picture.... How do you want to set it up? The light is good now...." After I said to myself, "Self, OH CRUD, you better get this right!" No Pressure here.....
    Thanks for the opportunity. And the piloting to get them together.

Here's the result.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Muncy-1809-4363-Pano.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	29839

Name:	Muncy-1809-4372.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	29838

The rest of the album will come as soon as I can. Be patient and keep an eye on the thread.

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend.

Later,
    Jeff
    Attached Files

Comment

A note (text message) from Sky High field owner Mark to share with everyone...

I just want to tell you it was such a pleasure having all of you here again. You are all such an amazing group of people to be around. I do look forward to you coming every year. Thanks for the invite for pizza Friday night... really enjoy hanging with all of you if there is anything I can do for you up here before next year please let me know (short of putting a hotel up lol) again it a pleasure having every single one of you here.

Feel free to share with all those who flew here this past weekend and tell Len thanks for not hitting my car 😳 lol. Can’t wait till next year. And, if you ever need a recommendation to fly at someone's private field be sure to give them my number thanks for being the best group of men and women I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

- Mark
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Ok gang, Here is the link to the album.
        Explore this photo album by Jeff Duhaime on Flickr!

I did a couple of dedicated shoots for some planes so there are a few more of those in here. Also I have to say that camping on the field affords me the chance to get some early morning (if I can get up) and late night shots that sometimes work out pretty good. There are some extra special ones to me in here for you to enjoy. I actually just had to stop shooting and just "enjoy the moment". I think you will be able to find those morning shots. Hope you like em as much as I do.

Special thanks to Kathy S. for borrowing my camera to get some shots of JD. Much appreciated. Good job on those and others around them. However.... I have to say you nailed it on this one. If I had to title it, I would simply call it "Heaven". Did I mention she likes clouds.

Name:	Muncy-1809-4611.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	30130

Well that may be it for the year for me. Won't be making it to Black Dirt so take pictures and post them.

Hope you enjoyed the shots this year. I had fun taking them and trying to tell the story. Till next year,

Enjoy,
        Jeff

Attached Files

Comment

• Csessa
          Csessa commented
          Editing a comment
          Jeff: the morning shots are most excellent!

• jjreds
          jjreds commented
          Editing a comment
          Magnificent!

Great pictures Jeff! Agreed, your early nature and evening shots are so cool.
        Gunny
        Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Sharing Paul Naton’s first video flying Len Buffinton’s 8-meter Arcus into the clouds at the Sky High event...

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Working...
          X