No announcement yet.

2018 Sky High Aero Tow - Muncy, PA - September 14-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to post this but at the moment I have to deal with work instead of heading down. It will be a day to day thing. Will see how it goes.

​​​​​

Comment

This was yesterday but it's turning south, so I might be good to go for Saturday and Sunday,...
      Gunny
      Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Loaded up and rolling...

Comment

We are here. Time to play.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	126.3 KB ID:	29687
          Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Will swing by in the morning and spend the day.

Comment

Some photos from the first couple of days. Much better weather today but flying was done all three days so far.

Comment

Things are moving fast at Sky High!

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	29723

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	29724
                Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

That’s a wrap! What an absolutely delightful weekend of good friends and great soaring!

Many thanks to everyone who went Sky High with us. Your being active, supporting the hobby and traveling to events means everything. Let’s keep growing this great hobby and our community.

Can’t thank Mark enough for being a fantastic, supportive, fun landowner. Hanging out with him is a big part of what makes the event. Special thanks to Jim, Kevin and Len for towing over four days. To Conio for being both registrar to the stars and banker. Wendy and Louisa for feeding the masses each day at lunch. Kathy for the Friday night dinner run and blowing our diets with boxes my Mr Sticky buns on Saturday morning. We even got to sing happy birthday to Jim Dolly and toast him with insane cupcakes. When everyone lends a hand, a super event can happen even without a sponsoring club.

In between we all got to fly most every Peter Goldsmith Design aircraft except the Opal?! Thanks Pete!

We flew, we ate, we flew, we talked, we flew, we laughed, we flew some more. Perfection!

See everyone next year at our private little slice of sky high heaven!

Steve

PS: Next up is Black Dirt in October. See you in the onion fields of Goshen, NY!

Comment

Why do these exceptional events go by so fast?
                    With a land owner like Mark, a beautiful and well manicured site, combined with the traveling circus we call the aerotow community, a weekend like this is very difficult to beat.
                    Weather was really nice, low clouds in the AM for a little while, but as you can see from the photos, bright blue sly with puffy white clouds.

Thank you Steve and Wendy for all you did, along with the rest of the gang. Most of all, thank you Mark. It takes effort to put on an event, however when everyone chips in and helps out, its makes the effort a whole lot less.

Saturday night photo shoot with the Lambo was a treat, maybe next year we can step it up a notch and race.

See you all in Black Dirt.
                    Len Buffinton
                    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

It always seems redundant to write these notes at the end of an event, but the effort everyone puts in must be recognized. So thanks to everyone who made this happen. Organization, towing expertise, great airplanes, and great friends.

Thanks to all.

Time to finish up some Ventus repairs and some minor Blanik issues. I’ll be in the basement if you need me.

Comment

Absolutely fantastic event! Again, thanks to all who put time and energy into making it happen. Everything was top notch - awesome tow planes and pilots, people, food, beautiful gliders, good lift with smooth air in the pattern, and what a wonderful host Mark is! Best of all was the gigantic grass covered flying area.
                        Thanks to all the guys and gals who made this happen.

Bill

Comment

A big thanks to all who helped with this event. I did not get to be towed sky high due to some electronic issues when it rains on them... they see to be drying out and I am hopeful. Fortunately, I was able to fly some electric and try out my new tent and air bed

Comment

Glad the weather gods smiled there! Great photos! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Nice interview by Paul Naton with Pete Goldsmith at the Sky High Aerotow about his commitment to the scale soaring community, rekindling the spirit of kit building and providing top quality offerings...

Comment

Thanks for posting this Steve...great to see Pete in action and ALL of his planes in one place...cool.
                                kevin

Comment

Working...
                                X