2015 Windy Ridge Aerotow Hammondsport, NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Windy Ridge Aerotow Hammondsport, NY

Hello, Make your plans to attend the Aerotow in Hammondsport, NY, Three great days of flying near the Curtiss mueseum and the National Soaring Mueseum at Harris Hill. Flying days 10/16, 10/17, and 10/18. See attached flyer.
    Steve K
    Last edited by stevekremer; 08-06-2015, 02:49 AM. Reason: New flyer showing camping open on Thursday
    Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Updated 9/5/2015

We want to welcome you to our event October 16-18. Your largest tugs and gliders are no problem for our field as the full scale gliders from Harris Hill land here on occasion when they run out of lift and can't make it back to the hill. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP8999.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	3226

We have enough room/runways to setup multiple flight lines if you need it w/ a 3,000' E-W runway (Main) and an 1,100' N-S runway (Club Location)
    No worries about bungie/winch interference w/ aerotow operations. Let us know if you would like more than one flight line. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP9022.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	3227

We have a solar charging station for electrics w/ a 3,000 watt inverter for AC power as well as gensets if needed.

Our Location:

Intersection of Alderman and Ridge Roads in Hammondsport, NY, Map and more pictures here: www.rcflightdeck.com/club.cfm?id=1283

Where to Stay:

At the field: We have acres of room for camping, easy access and level. No hookups, port-o-let provided.

Hammondsport: Home of the Glenn Curtis Museum about five miles away, Bath is another eight miles, see the flyer for accommodations.

Where to Eat:

The club will provide a breakfast and lunch concession at the field for your convenience. For those of you that want to keep flying we'll also have an evening family style meal at the field.

There are several good restaurants in Hammondsport to choose from with a wider selection in Bath.

The event can be found here: www.rcflightdeck.com/event_details.cfm?event_id=4963

Please register if you plan on attending and indicate your interest in the t-shirt.

Appreciate your support, welcome your comments, suggestions, any special needs just let us know.

Jim Smith, President, Windy Ridge RC Flyers
    Last edited by jjreds; 10-05-2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Best of luck guys, I cannot make it (committed to a "Bike Virginia" Bicycle ride with Wife and friends) BUT, if it falls through, i might make the trip

Comment

Thanks Dave. Enjoy the bike ride, but, if something changes, it would be great to see you.
        Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Hey guys, we had a great time aero towing at Windy Ridge yesterday, spent the whole afternoon there. Weather was spectacular and all of the club members were very excited to see the big gliders and tow plane we had. They're all really looking forward to seeing everyone next month! This is a great field, you're going to love flying here.

This was also the first time with cameras on the gliders, enjoy the videos!

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

As Kevin said and posted videos, it was great flying at windy ridge! Porter #1 performed perfecty. Looking forward to October. Plan on attending.

Steve K
            Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Hi Steve,

Looking forward to the event, after spending a beautiful 3 1/2 days in Northern Vermont, the scenery in NY a few weeks later should be spectacular.

The venue looks nice, should be a lot of fun!!!!
              Len Buffinton
              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Xroadie
                Xroadie commented
                Editing a comment
                It is beautiful there...I visited the Glenn Curtis Museum there once on the way to one of the Elmira Aerotows.

Thanks Len. Should be a great event. Cant wait to see everyone.

Steve K
              Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Hotel booked. Check over the gliders tomorrow. Looking forward to trip. See you all soon.

Comment

My other plans just got cancelled that weekend, so now I think I can make it!!! ...whoo hoo...probably do the camping again...and combine 2 favorite things. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and learning the ropes...I left Vermont with the worst landing ever on last flight...it can only get better! lol

Matt

Comment

That is great Matt, that you can make it, not about your landing. See you at the field

Steve K
                    Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

The Windy Ridge club is making final preperations. Let us know if you are planning to attend. We are ready to fix Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Just need to know how many are planning to attend. Also need to know if you are planning to camp. Looking forward to a great event. Thanks
                      Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

I'm not going to be able to make the event. Wife and I are on a road trip to Chicago to visit my daughter. However I'm am trying to time the return drive to swing through the area so maybe (crossed fingers) I can pop in for a bit at least with camera in tow and snag a few shots for you guys. Have to wait and see how things time out.

Otherwise have a great event Steve. I'll be watching posts.

Jeff

Comment

I was checking out the site on Google maps last night and it looks like a beautiful location.

We'll be arriving in the afternoon on Thursday, will someone be there?

LEN
                          Len Buffinton
                          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• JimD
                            JimD commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I could be there too, what time are you thinking about arriving Len?

I'm coming Thursday afternoon also
                          Gunny
                          Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Working...
                          X