2015 Windy Ridge Aerotow Hammondsport, NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

I'll be arriving either Thursday evening hopefully, or Friday morning. Yes, I will be camping. Looking much forward to it and seeing many of you again!

Matt

Comment

I should arrive somewhere around 2:30pm or so.

LEN
      Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Will the field be open for flying Thursday afternoon?
        A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

The field will be open for flying thursday. I am planning to get set up thursday between 1:00 and 2:00. We can get campers set up and do some flying. Getting excited to see everyone.

Steve K
          Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Thanks Steve, that sounds perfect!
            A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Have fun guys, and post some pics!

Jeremy and Ben
              SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hill2.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	4558 The leaves are starting to turn here. Getting really pretty. Shuld be amazing next weekend Click image for larger version

Name:	Hill3.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	4557
                Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Looking forward to making many new friends, I will be rubbing the ribs on Friday, starting the smoker on Saturday, and Saturday night we'll have some authentic Texas style BBQ ribs including the sauce!! Pray for good weather, we flew last night until dark, it was perfect. If you're on the fence about making this trip, don't be. The Finger Lakes are beautiful, the mixed hardwoods have terrific fall foliage which will peak this week and next, there are many wineries and of course the National Soaring Museum and the Glenn H. Curtiss Museum are close by. In the event we have a rain day, I'll organize some fun for us. I have a meeting in Boston on Thursday afternoon and then will be driving back to NY. If its not too late I'll be up with the camper Thursday night otherwise Friday morning. Travel safe all, looking forward to seeing you, we have a great bunch of guys that can't wait for the show!!
                  Jim Smith, WRRCF Pres

Edit: Forgot to mention we just did a 2-day Outdoor Show, we have left over merchandise, if you've been looking at camera drones we have a 4K Yuneec Typhoon and a 1080p and 4K Chroma left, we will sell these at rock bottom prices, lower than advertised anywhere, period! Also many quads, some Whip-it DLG, UMX P-17, VisionAire, T-28, etc.all NIB at prices you will have to see to believe, no kidding! I have a friend with a hobby shop and we do this one show annually as a club fund raiser.
                  Last edited by jjreds; 10-12-2015, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Looks like a really nice ridge and fall colors ... See you all soon . Crossing fingers for some good weather Hitting road late morning from Boston

Comment

Flew over the field this afternoon. Of course, it was at 25,0000 feet on an Air Canada flight from LGA to YYZ.

All good wishes from Toronto for a great event! Wish I could be there.
                      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Cant believe that you were within 5 miles of us and you did not stop by! See everybody soon. If you need to contact me, my cell is 607-329-6269.

Steve K
                        Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

We are on the way...see you in a little while!
                          A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Arrived at the field at 1:00pm...the troops are starting to roll in now!
                            A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Arrived at the airstrip at about 2:45 to see a Porter take off with a Blanik in tow. ALRIGHT!!!!!
                              Flying has started. We backed in the trailer and quickly put together the DG800 to join in on the fun. The Canadian boys, Gudmund and Brian are already here and flying, as well as Gunny, Steve Kremer and Connio. Jim D did all the towing today with his Porter, what a beast with the new prop on it.
                              After a fun afternoon of flying we all went to the lake for dinner at the Switzerland restaurant. Good food and great company!!
                              See ya tomorrow.

len
                              Len Buffinton
                              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Enjoy!

While you're there, you all might want to discuss an early June date for this event next year?. Sky High can't do the weekend they did in 2015 if Horizon stays on their new mid-June dates. So, there may be an opening in the 2016 core season?
                                Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Working...
                                X