2015 Winamac Aerotow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Winamac Aerotow

In a month now it is time for the Midwest to gather together around and Aerotow.

Winamac will take place as last year on august 28, 29 & 30th thanks to Mirek and Tim to put this event together.

Event in Winamac, IN by ScaleSoaring.com - RC Scale Soaring Worldwide on Friday, August 28 20156 posts in the discussion.

We have found a nice B&B close they have couple room left if you are interested

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tortu...13336858710753

See you there

Stéphane
    Stéphane
    Horizon Hobby Team Member

Stephene, you have assigned Burt and Michael a room, but I'm still in the dark!!
    Mirek, looking forward to seeing you and some new faces. I'm bringing along something special if everything goes to plan!

Jeremy and Ben
    SCCAAA TT Tn

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss1 View Post
      .....I'm bringing along something special if everything goes to plan!
      Is it a turbine powered Porter?

Comment

You going to Winamac Pete?

Jeremy and Ben
        SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Getting closer... closer... closer to Winimac time!

Comment

Took me a week but better late than never. Thanks to Tim Redelman for putting on this great laid back event it was well worth the drive. Big thanks to Greg Wright for being my pit crew once again. I had picked up my Turbine powered Porter at the Horizon Super Jets the weekend before and was expecting to get my Turbine Waiver signed off, but unfortunately while setting up the plane and on a high speed pass the vertical let go and folded over, thanks to the quick response and expert piloting by David Payne the plane was set down in some tall shrubs with no more damage After returning from Illinois I built a new vertical and after some small adjustments in Winamac I got to fly my circuits and got signed off for my Turbine Waiver by Tim and Greg, thanks guys. Many thanks to the Polish contingent for the great food provided during the weekend especially on Friday during the late night build of Tim's ASW-20 and shooter party
            I was fortunate enough to win a really cool Trophy for Best Scale with the Arcus. So thanks to all the Tow Pilots and everyone else for making this a great event to attend, I will be back next year. Burt, Michael, Stephane, Matthieu and I stayed at the Tortuga B&B, a must when in Winamac.
            So this event receives the SCC stamp of approval.

Jeremy and Ben
            SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Yes...great event! I think I heard 23 pilots this year!!

I was a witness..... Swiss 1 is Certified Congratulations Jeremy!!

I got there Thursday afternoon and found Peter Goldsmith ready to go with his 6 meter Weihe. I threw the Carbon Cub together and we got in a good afternoon of towing. The weather was perfect and the Weihe flew as good as it looked. The field is huge, you can take off and land into the wind no matter the direction.

This is a perfect venue for aerotowing...or any RC event. Hanger storage and work area, a covered pavilion with an attached control tower and canteen. Lunch was served in the canteen and on Friday and Saturday they BBQ'd in the Hanger ....the food was great!! A few of us camped out at the field and I slept pretty well...even with Team Swiss Turbo....partying into the wee hours of the night

Fridays weather was great too and the majority of those attending had arrived. There was lot’s of flying. I shared in the towing duties along with Tim Redelman and Rolly Kardian…we flew till they rang the dinner bell.

Saturdays weather was mostly good, some sun, some cloud and an occasional sprinkle….but flying continued all day. Sunday morning was dry with the sun trying to shine through fog early on, with the fog lifting into low broken clouds at about 500-700 feet. Tows were short as you were into clouds in less than a minute. There was still lift though. The quick cycle time meant that I got in 14 tows on one tank of gas in the Carbon Cub. I actually ran out of gas while waiting for a couple gliders to land. As the day went on the clouds started giving way to sun.

Thanks to all those that put it on, I will be back, to Winamac!
              Pete

PS:There were lots of people shooting video and taking pics…I’m surprised no one has posted any of it on here.
              Last edited by Xroadie; 09-09-2015, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Well apparently I F.. U,,,

I wrote this after the aerotow and it didn't get posted, so here it is with the benefit of the auto save function of the forum...

------------------------------------------

Weather cooperated this weekend, allowing us to fly quite a lot, thanks to all the tow pilots, Tim, Rolly and Pete.

Pete G. showed up on Friday with his beautiful woody, he gave me the sticks for quite a while I this glider has quite some performance, it doesn't seem to loose altitude the glide ratio is very good!

Couple of maiden have been made during this week end, the SZD-10 of Miroslaw, very graceful glider and a Ka8.

The community is growing slowly but surely in Midwest, we had 17 pilots which is quite a good attendance in comparison than last year, we hope to keep going in the same direction

Thank a lot to Miroslaw to put this event together, he is thanks full to the towpilot that came and helped releasing the pressure on Tim.

Here is couple picture of the event

Stéphane
                Stéphane
                Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

Working...
                X