No announcement yet.

2018 Winamac out of sight aerotow : Remembering Miroslaw Zakowany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I made the event after all, glad I did! After towing all afternoon on Thursday when I arrived we had a little incident with the Decathlon as Tim was flying it, after he dead sticked it we found that all 6 prop bolts had sheared, with the sound it made we thought the motor had thrown a rod! After installing a new prop and spinner every thing checked out good for towing Friday until I landed and did not take into account I was in a slightly different location than in the afternoon (Spacial Awareness) as I touched down I was arrested by the bleachers I ended up towing with Tim's Tug for the rest of the weekend and also managed to chip his prop
    I think everyone will agree that we had a great dinner on Saturday night in honor of Miraslaw, please post any pictures you have, as I did not take any! Thank's to Tim and his club for allowing us to take over the field and hope we can do it again next year
    The Decathlon is in the workshop and I'm pondering the best way to repair it, hopefully before the Clover Creek event!

Jeremy
    SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

• ARUP
      ARUP commented
      Editing a comment
      That poor Decathlon took the hit pretty much on the nose! The prop hub hit the edge of a board then the model bounced backwards! It's probably a good thing, though, because it would have gotten shredded otherwise. Can you imagine the damage if the nose went between the boards and let the wings hit the ends of those bleachers?

As it turned out, not so bad for the model and that is the good news...I have had my share of carnage with tow planes and it can all just sneak up on ya...
    Thanks for making the trip Jeremy and helping in many different ways including taking care of the little muchnkin…

Comment

• Swiss1
      Swiss1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Kevin, but Tim isn't little at all! Lol, all in a days work.

YUP....t=you are right....
    kjk

Comment

here is some pictures a assembled

Stéphane
      Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

Thanks for the memories Stephane...

Comment

• ARUP
          ARUP commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, the pictures are great! The first pics are of us raising a glass is to toast Mirek, for whom the aerotow was dedicated!

Nice Pic's Stephane

Jeremy
        SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

A bit late to the party with the thanks, but thanks to all for a great weekend of flying, BSing, eating (oh the eating), and friendship. Here's my photographic take on the event:

Comment

Great video Noel, thanks for sharing

Jeremy
            SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

• ARUP
              ARUP commented
              Editing a comment
              Yessir! Thanks for the vid.
          Working...
          X