No announcement yet.

3rd Annual Windy Ridge Aerotow May 31st-June 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy! I like it a lot. The price and weight are fantastic.
    Gunny
    Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Both runways and the pits are mowed as of today. Thanks to Tom and Paul from the Windy Ridge Club. One towplane is already in the hangar. It's getting closer...
      Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

The goal at the Windy Ridge Aerotow is flying from sunup to sundown!! And that takes a lot of fuel!!

Wednesday night dinner at the Switzerland Inn on the deck overlooking Keuka Lake.

Open for breakfast at 7am.

Sue Sutherland's Lasagna was such a hit last year on Saturday night we've asked her for an encore!!

Menu for 2018
        Thur B Fresh Baked Buttermilk Biscuits with Maple Sausage Gravy
        L Grilled Chicken Breast and Roasted Pepper Sandwich with Herb Aioli, Pasta Salad
        D Blackened Shrimp and BBQ Bacon Wrap with Cajun Remoulade, Mediterranian Salad
        Fri B French Toast and Bacon, Eggs to order
        L Italian Sausage w Peppers & Onions, Macaroni and Potato salad, Chips
        D Smokey Mountain BBQ Ribs, Baked Beans, Salt Potatoes, Garden Salad
        Sat B Blueberry Pancakes and Sausage, Eggs to order
        L Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers & Hotdogs, Macaroni and Potato salad, Chips
        D Sue's Famous Lasagna, Italian Bread, Garden salad
        Sun B Chef's choice
        L Chef's choice
        Suggested Donation - Breakfast $6, Lunch $7, Dinner $10, Drinks are included

Looking forward to seeing all of our old friends and making new ones! If you need any special accommodation please ask, we aim to please!
        Jim Smith, WRRCF President

Comment

Ha, what’s the current pilot count.

Comment

• Sinkhappens86
            Sinkhappens86 commented
            Editing a comment
            Currently 21 registered, with at least 5 or 6 who have said they are coming but have not registered.

Sad to say that I won't be coming this year. A bit too much on my plate. I wish everybody the best at Windy Ridge. Lift.

Comment

It's almost here! As you guys get close to the field, look for these "Air Show" signs, they'll help point you in the right direction!

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• lenb
              lenb commented
              Editing a comment
              OR you can follow the purple line on the GPS

NOT

Shouldn't they point up, as in the direction of the air??!!!! Let's hope it does a lot of that!!

Comment

Will be there on Friday. Made a couple of 1/3 scale tow releases if any one has needs.
              Are there any good slopes near the field if the clouds have us socked in on Friday?

Comment

Set up day report:
                Club members began showing up this morning. Thanks to Steve, Jim Tom, Gary and Paul for helping set up. Everything was ready to go by 2pm.

Our early arrivals showed up this afternoon and we got some towing in. 3 tow planes and 4 gliders flying. Followed it up with a great dinner on the lake at the Switz Inn.

Breakfast starts at 7am Thursday morning! Looking forward to seeing everyone else!
                ​​​
                Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

First awesome day at the windy ridge
                  if I just have to make a comment, just the food is worth coming! Great flying site awesome company

here is the first pictures

oh yes the ASH-31 made its first stop at the event thanks to Peter Goldsmith

Stéphane
                  Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

Sorry for the lack of updates, I had next to zero service at the field and was unable to post.

Arrived home this afternoon and have been looking back at what was another spectacular event at Windy Ridge.

Despite the forecast (which changed every single day leading up to this event) we had a record turnout for both pilots and guests. We flew in all conditions, shifting gusting winds, rain, hot days, cold days, low ceilings, booming lift and perfectly calm evenings.

The ASH 31 from Horizon made its first appearance here and judging by the line to get some stick time it should be a huge success. Can't wait to get mine.

Thanks again to Len B, Horizon and Flite Test for donating prizes to our raffle.

Also thanks to all the club members who come together to make this event happen. Everyone works their tails off to support this event and it shows. Tom, Paul, Gary, Steve, Mike and of course Master Chef Jim Smith who keeps us all well fed throughout the event. Also thanks to Sue and Eileen for the spectacular desserts, even handing out recipes! It's a group effort and we couldn't make it happen without everyone.

To everyone who made the trip for one day or every day, thank you! Looking forward to next year already! Fly safe and see you at Cumberland!
                    Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Quick video of plan b activities Saturday morning.

photos when i get time.

Comment

Couple pics from this weekend. I am sure there will be more to come (Jeff). Still have some video to go through and edit. We post the links on here soon.

Thanks to all the great club members that put on a great event. Each year is getting bigger and better. Can't ever remember seeing so many larger RV campers at a scale RC tow before.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3582.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	26520

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3612.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	26518
                        Attached Files

Comment

Only picture I had time to get. Not sure if this was staged or random. I know that I just set mine up.

Steve K
                          Attached Files
                          Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Thanks to all for a wonderful first Windy Ridge experience. Good people, plentiful food and and a beautiful setting. I managed to put three gallons of fuel through the Bidule 111 and wish I would have kept count of the tows. I actually only took 5 sailplane flights!? Putting the new Horizon ASH31 into a thermal down low and taking it up and out was fun too!

Wendy and I discovered a number of fun breweries and wineries, had a super dinner right on the water at The Waterside, and ducked the Friday evening rain at The Switzerland. The doughnut shop and ice cream stand in Bath we’re high calorie winners too.

Shout out to Jim for all the other food! God, I’m fat. :-)

I know it takes a real team effort to put on a successful event. You are all the best! Looking forward to next time!

Steve
                            Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Working...
                            X