3rd Annual Windy Ridge Aerotow May 31st-June 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Annual Windy Ridge Aerotow May 31st-June 3rd

The Windy Ridge RC Flyers are proud to invite the ScaleSoaring.com community back to Loucks Field for the 3rd Annual Windy Ridge Aerotow! If you haven't been to the last 2 events, you've been missing out! Plan to attend this year.

Loucks Field (25NK) is a private grass airport located in the heart of the Finger Lakes Region of upstate New York. This area has a wonderful history in aviation and we continue to add to it with this premier event. We operate off of a pair of beautiful intersecting grass runways, with plenty of room for towing operations and lots of room for those more challenging landings. Gary, the owner also generously allows us use of his hangar for overnight airplane storage. Make sure to pop in, check out his latest projects and say hello to Jake. And when it comes to meal time, don't you worry! Club President and Chef Extraordinaire Jim Smith keeps us well fed with meals provided at the field! Plan on flying from sun up to sun down and even into the night.

If you need a break from flying (and there is a lot of it!) the Glenn Curtiss Museum and National Soaring Museum are a short drive away. Don't forget to bring the wife/girlfriend along too! There are plenty of wineries, shopping, craft fairs, museums and more around to enjoy!

Landing fee is $25/day with a maximum for $50. Please help us plan by registering HERE.

Camping (no hook ups) and casual flying open on Wednesday May 30th.

Directions to the Windy ridge field

Your GPS will get you there, but, it will probably take you the back way, pretty, but some dirt roads. (Ask Len)

Here is the recommended route to Windy Ridge field, nice pavement, no dirt:
    Take exit 38 off route 86 – Bath Exit
    You will see hotels at this exit
    Follow route 54 North signs
    You will see the Hammondsport Fire department on your left.
    Take the next right up the hill – this is Rt 87, Wayne road
    You will see a sign for Watkins Glen and Camp Gorton, Turn right on Rt 114
    Turn Left on Ridge Road (first left)
    Go just about a mile and you will see the field on the left

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Some photos from last year!

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Registered Pilots

Scot S
      Conio S
      Steve K
      Kevin K
      Len B
      Gudmund T
      Jim D
      Brian B
      Peter G
      Tom P
      Al M
      Erich S
      Stephane R
      Dan R
      David D
      Dustin I
      Jeff D
      Gunny B
      Ed D
      Russell B
      Mark S

For the record, we had 29 registered pilots. Thanks for your support.
      Jim Smith, WRRCF
      Last edited by jjreds; 06-04-2018, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Should be an excellent event

Steve K
        Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

One day, I will make the drive and check all your
          Jeremy
          SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

With the New England Aerotow in the books, it's time to start planning for Windy Ridge! The event is only 11 days away! Jim Smith has been working on our menu and would really appreciate a solid headcount, so please register if you plan on coming! As of now we should have 10+ tow planes at this event, so we will need A LOT of gliders to keep them all busy.

Marcie and Eileen have been busy planning some adventures for all the wives/girlfriends that are attending. So please invite them to come along if you haven't! As of now the plan includes antique shopping with lunch and wine tasting at Bully Hill Winery. https://www.bullyhillvineyards.com/

We are also planning to have kids launching rockets and running RC cars and trucks. This event really will have something for the whole family!

Can't wait to kick off this event in just 11 days! Make sure you're coming!
            Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Hey, can big kids bring rockets as well???? Not that I have any.....

Comment

Count me in. Will be camping at the field. Tried registering on my IPad, but won't let me do it at this time.
              Gunny
              Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Will be there camping also. Just have to get rid of this darn sore throat...

Comment

Thanks to professor Jeremy Hartmann of The Model Box 2.0 in Hoover, Alabama, the Model Box North (aka HighPoint Aviation) will have and make available for purchase, at this event, a selection of Deluxe Materials product.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_79969637.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	26190
                  A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Hey Hey Jim, Steve,, Kevin and all

Unfortunately I now need to bow out. My weekends lately are really getting messed up with changing work issues. Always a blast, ,... will really miss the hang.

thanks for hosting!
                    Matt

Comment

Originally posted by hello82 View Post
                      Hey Hey Jim, Steve,, Kevin and all

Unfortunately I now need to bow out. My weekends lately are really getting messed up with changing work issues. Always a blast, ,... will really miss the hang.

thanks for hosting!
                      Matt
                      Sorry to hear you can't join us Matt, will miss you and the v-tails.
                      Jim

Comment

I’ll be there, probably on Wednesday afternoon or early evening. Will be hauling the new trailer, albiet far from finished. Plan to camp on site.

Comment

As if anyone needed any other reasons to come to Windy Ridge... The new Horizon ASH-31 will be there!

The ASH 31 6.4m ARF by Hangar 9 is a quality built remote controlled airplane. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!
                          Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Congratulations! We've broken Horizon's website. I can only assume it's because of all the traffic drawn by the new sailplane.

Comment

Working...
                            X