No announcement yet.

South East Regional Aero Tow April 12-15, 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice turnout, a bit breezy but sunny and warm!

Comment

Comment

I made it there Friday morning at 9:15. The weather was very comfortable and we flew until after lunch but the wind picked up a bit too much in mid-afternoon, but we waited a bit and flew some more 'till late. We were on the front side of the approaching storm from the Midwest. The forecast looked kinda bad for Sunday so we all decided we would stop Sat. afternoon so everyone could get home safely. Sat. morning was fine but after lunch it started getting a bit dicey-some very strong gusts started coming thru. We had a nice turnout and got a lot of flying in. I got 7 more flights on the TG2 and it is flying well. Thanks again to Kris for organizing the event! Some pics...Bill

Comment

I hope everyone got home safe. I had to drop a sail plane off an "Bills aircraft restoration and repair" on the way home. He didn't have enough room so I put it in my trailer. I had a great time and met some new faces......Here is a challenge, everyone bring at least one new participant with them next year. This is too nice of a venue to pass up.
          As for the weather, there is some nasty stuff moving into the western Georgia area as of 22:15 Saturday night.

Comment

And to Marc and Andy for towing...

Comment

This was my second year at this event and have thoroughly enjoyed it. My thanks to Jeremy for your instruction and help. Hopefully I will be a little better pilot at next years event. Many thanks also to Kris and everyone that helps make this event possible. It's a very unique and exciting event for sailplane enthusiast. I'm looking forward to attending next years event at Macs place and plan to attend others around the country as well. Happy soaring!!

Comment

Looks like y'all had fun! Thanks for posting pictures. Sorry I couldn't make it.

Comment

Working...
                X