Visalia February 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visalia February 2018

Visited our west coast friends today at Visalia February aerotow (aerotow take place in the CVRC club every third week en from fall to spring to end the season in may with their spring aeotow

Attendance has been great I have been able to see some faces that we met couple years back at Horizon aerotow at the time (John, Dennis, Dean, Dan ....) and meet some new friends (Mike, Mark, Gary...)

Really good weather the day I was there, some beautifull machines off course with the AN66 and the Baudis ASW22, what some awesome machines!! of course a bunch of Arcus and duo discus, couple of half scale and so on... Plus the pretty Dimona of Dennis that flew great (see the video in my pictures)

I took 93 pictures and small video thinking at my eastern friends that are probably enduring a snow storm, take your time to look at them here

The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

Sans titre by steffruelle, sur Flickr

Sans titre by steffruelle, sur Flickr

Stéphane
    Horizon Hobby Team Member

It was great to see you Stephane, now that you have experienced our little slice of heaven located at Visalia we hope to see you back soon and bring friends.
    The flying was quite good and the thermals were active, I even worked some low level lift with the Dimona.

Comment

What size is that Dimona?
      Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Dimona is 1/3 scale, span about 5.5 meters.

Comment

• Mosquito
          Mosquito commented
          Editing a comment
          Dennis, what is the power plant in that bird? Seems to have plenty of power!
          Tim

• DennisB
          DennisB commented
          Editing a comment
          Tim, it’s a NeuMotor 1530 with gearbox, power is equivalent to a DA-50. 12s Lipo

Stephane, sounds like you met some of our local club members at the slope site near Visalia? Paul Johnson, our former club president, has become a "snow bird" and winter in California and said that he met you sloping. I think he made the right choice as we batten down the hatches here in the great Midwest for another of mother natures winters storms. Spring cannot come any sooner. Thanks for the great pictures and videos. Nice to see a video of the Dimona fly. Think Spring.

Comment

Yes I met Paul yesterday on little mountain in San Bernardino. He was having a ball, me also with my AHI
          Stéphane

Comment

Stéphane

Comment

Great photos! I like that Pirat!

Comment

Working...
              X