No announcement yet.

Horizon Hobby AeroTow 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Horizon Hobbies Aerotow has been on my "bucket list" for years, but caring for my wife made staying away from home more than a couple of nights impossible. Her passing earlier this year released those constraints and I was really happy when Asher Carmichael, Rusty Rood and I hatched a plan at SERA this year to attend the HH Aerotow. It was a great experience for me to simply wander around, look at beautiful airplanes, renew acquaintances with old friends, meet new ones and socialize. The effort put out by all the folks on the flight line and behind the scenes to make the event a success was really impressive, even to a casual observer like me. I hope I can make it back next year and bring an airplane or two to fly.

Like a lot of others I got a chance to look over closely and fly the ASH-31 with Stephane to back me up. The quality of the glass work is very good, as is fit and finish of parts. It's a very "comfortable" sailplane to fly. One you instantly feel at home with. No bad habits, just smooth, responsive control. It's statically stable in pitch, turns really well and responds nicely to rudder, which is more effective than you might think. I fly TD a lot, using rudder is second nature to me and the ASH at times felt like just a great big TD airplane!

I downloaded the camera card this morning and will add a few photos (if I can remember how!)
    Last edited by Tom McP; 06-20-2018, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X