Horizon Hobby aerotow Monticello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizon Hobby aerotow Monticello

Hey everybody, since this seems to be the last year for the event at the glider airport I’m looking at airfare etc. to make a trip one more time, I might be able have a model hitch a ride if someone from the West Coast is driving there (Rick Shelby?) but even if I don’t have a plane to fly I want to try and make it. Some new faces I need to see in person plus old friendships need some face time. Looks like American Airlines is the best bet for either St Louis or Indianapolis.

Dennis

Dennis,

If you can't bring a sailplane, bring your transmitter I will have my ASW-20 and you are welcome to fly it.
    As I am travelling quite a lot in Cali, I might need you to return the favor to fly from Torrey Pine later this year

See you in visalia

Stéphane
    Stéphane
    Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

• ARUP
      ARUP commented
      Editing a comment
      You can fly some of mine if ya don't mind vintage jalopies! I can't wait for the season to begin!

Stephane, if youre out this way give me a call, although I haven’t flown Torrey in years, and don’t plan to, the risks for me outweigh the rewards. I’ve been wanting to get back to Monticello for several years to renew friendships and make new ones, time passes very quickly and before we know it a decade can go by, I had some sad news this morning about a long term friend passing from cancer and that has reminded me not to let anymore time slip by to see old friends. If you put something off, you may be sorry.

Comment

Planning to return this year. Looking forward to seeing you, Dennis, as well as other friends, old and new.

Comment

I do plan to drive again and I will transport any planes I have room for. I'll know more about how much room I'll have as we get closer to the date.

Rick
        [FONT=times new roman]Rick Shelby[/FONT]
        [COLOR=#0000CD][B][I]Team Horizon[/I][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

In the past Horizon Hobby offered a transport service for free to any of you West Coast guys!

Jeremy
          SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Since Horizon is no longer an official sponsor there is no free transportation of models. That was a very generous offer when that was in place a few years ago.

Comment

I can't wait for this event! Will be great to see some people returning. Last year we had some of the best thermal days there and the camaraderie was excellent. You are correct Dennis, time does slip by us. What seemed like just yesterday, is now coming up on our 8th annual Sled Works Aerotow this summer (I know, a cheap plug).

Tim

Comment

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the event this year as well.

I've been working out a better way to deliver ice cream for this year......hoping it will still be somewhat frozen instead of liquid !

Bob

Comment

I've been shut out these past few years since the dates were moved into June. Hope everyone has a good time! Post photos!

Something for Tim, $0.49 on Amazon...
                  Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Not coming Steve? Then you need to visit me next time you’re in SoCal. I am guessing that the dates picked for this are in stone? Because I want to make airline reservations within a week or two. Don’t want to show up in Monticello to an empty field with my transmitter in hand and the only thing I hear are crickets and critters croaking.

Comment

• Steve P
                      Steve P commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Next SoCal run. It’s a deal!

Disregard....

Comment

I'm very certain Horizon is spending money on this event. Which makes us an official sponsor I believe, in conjunction with the Monticello Model Masters club.

We no longer run the truck transports from our California office, which is how we were able to provide that model shipment for the west coast guys.

Craig

Originally posted by DennisB View Post
                      Since Horizon is no longer an official sponsor there is no free transportation of models. That was a very generous offer when that was in place a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X