Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PA turnpike

Comment

We'll see what 220 is like tween bedford and Cumberland. Getting ready to leave Blue Mountain

Comment

Here we are! Only took an hour 1/4 longer
        Last edited by Soarntz; 03-22-2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Plan is for dinner at 5:00pm at Ristorante Ottovani in downtown Cumberland.
          A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Plan for Thursday, March 22.

Obviously we have had a major snow event. Currently (8:26pn) the temperature is still above freezing, precipitation has stopped, and snow is melting down.

The next 5 days look to have no precipitation with some sun and temperatures well above freezing.

Based on the history of this event over the last nine years I feel that the snow will clear out and we will have decent flying conditions Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (and Monday if anyone wants to stay).

Question is, what about tomorrow. Plan is to assess the road at noon and make a decision as to whether we can reasonably make it up to the field without creating a mess of things...keep checking here for updates.
            A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

No problems for us yesterday, made the trip from the south in 11hrs 22min
              Now what!
              Could open up The Model Box mobile store in The Fairfield Inn Lobby
              We have enough supplies to start a build

Comment

There's a line forming here in the lobby😁

Comment

Kremer Aerotow team is departing now. ETA 1130. Melt that snow!
                  Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

I should be arriving around noon Friday.

all I ask is, if any change, cancelation, information, etc. please post it on this thread

carl. L.

Comment

Got a late start, about halfway. Should be at the Fairfield around 5. Hoping that mountain road is ready for us.

Comment

Well. I should have checked the web instead of driving straight through. Just arrived at the Fairfield. Hopefully the mountain road will be passable on Friday. I left my trailer about half way up.

I’m off to run errands. Might make a trip up to PA to see cousins.
                        Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

We be there around 9:30 on Friday. Trailer or no trailer that is the Question of the day.

Comment

Bring your shovel

Comment

I see a picture posted to Facebook, someone got to the top of the hill!

Comment

Great day!
                                Stéphane
                                Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

Working...
                                X