Black Dirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Dirt

What is up with Black Dirt next weekend? Can we camp thursday night? Who all is coming? Any other info?

Thanks

Steve K
    Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Info is in the us event thread. Camping is ok. Most of the Connecticut crowd will be there.

Comment

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Planning on being there, arriving Thursday night some time.

Comment

I'll be there too on Thursday camping.
          Gunny
          Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

I'm hoping to drive up from Lancaster on Saturday morning and camp overnight

Comment

Well I had two great days of flying and friendship. A great venue and great hospitality from the club. Thanks to Steve Richman for setting it up even though he does not read this site. Lots of great flying and fabulous weather, at least the two days I was there. Lack of hotel rooms in the area sent me home early.

Thanks as always to the tow pilots for use of their equipment, their time, and their skills.

Home with some repairs to get to before Cumberland. So I better get to it.

Some snapshots located here:

The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

Comment

Nice pics!

Comment

What Conio said.

This aerotow in Goshen ( Black Dirt ) is quickly becoming a "Must Attend" event. The site is fabulous! Thanks to Steve Richmond and his wife Susan for putting on a really well organized event. Speaking first hand we can tell you it's not easy to organize an event, especially when you not sure how many people will be there, how the weather will be and what your going to feed everyone. Steve and Susan ( along with help from a few local club members) did a first class job. Thank you again.

The lift on Friday was ridiculous, at one point I'm certain I saw a station wagon go by, it was everywhere. The warm (80 degree ) temps along with bright sunshine felt more like a mid June weekend than mid October. Saturday was much of the same although the lift was not as strong, it was still great.
                  I'm told there were 20-22 registered pilots, but it sure seemed like more, and the towing operation was non stop. I do mean non stop!. Most of the time there were two tugs running with multiple planes taking off and landing at the same time. It's quite a spectacle to see. I overheard one of the local club members mutter, "look at the way they do that, those guys are good" Another club member made a point to address the tow pilots and compliment them on running a clean, safe and well organized flight line.. It meant a lot to hear that, so thanks to Scot, Steve, Kevin and even myself for keeping the sky full and the pits empty.

IF you have not attended this event, try to get there next year, its worth the trip.....

Len Buffinton
                  Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

The lift on Friday was crazy, crazy lift! I got the first tow on Steve K"s shift and landed with only five minutes to start my towing shift!! Staying up for almost an entire tow shift was really cool! Can't thank the Black Dirt Squadron enough for the opportunity to fly there and all the great behind the scenes work that was done to make it a very relaxing, non-stop flying event. Don't know what connection these guys have to the weather God's, but keep making the payments!! What a fantastic event and weekend! Thanks everybody for making it a great time. On to Cumby!!

Comment

A very belated thank you to Steve and the rest of the Black Dirt crew for another great event. It has all be said before in the earlier posts. Great lift, area, weather and people. Thanks also to Len, Steve, Scot and Keven for tow duty. You guys definitely work well as a team to keep us in the air. It is really appreciated. Great seeing friends from all over. Really look forward to these events.

Here is the link to the album:
                      Explore this photo album by Jeff Duhaime on Flickr!

Special thanks to Kathy S. and Anna for giving me an extra 100+ shots to look over for the album. Some of them are in there girls! You probably know which ones they are.

Sorry it is taking so long to turn the albums around this year. Hopefully I can be better next year.

Enjoy,
                      Jeff D.

Comment

Jeff, the quality of your pictures is always worth the wait. Beautiful opening and ending shots. And of coarse, everything In between .
                        Gunny
                        Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Very nice, Jeff, and well worth the wait. Wish I could have been there.

Comment

That's a lot of nice pictures Jeff
                            Jeremy and Ben
                            SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Jeff,

Really nice job on the photos. Had fun again.

Thanks

Steve K
                              Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Working...
                              X