FAT festival Frankenmuth, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAT festival Frankenmuth, MI

Joe and Gino have invited us during this week to be part of an invitational aerotow to expose their club member to that side of the hobby.

We came on Saturday afternoon with my friends from Holland, MI and enjoyed the afternoon towing foamies with a Carbon Z CUB.
    Field is located south west of the beautiful village of Frankenmuth, MI a very typical German style village with a wonderful brewery

Sunday we started about 10AM and towed up to 5PM, A little bit of everything, timber towing e-flite Ka8, foam cessna towing grunau baby, Pawnee towing edelweiss, Bidule towing Ka8 or other minimoa.

Lot of club members tried the Ka-8 that Joe and Gino put at their disposal, I made my ASW-20 available for those who want to try it. As weather was fantastic it has been a blast for everyone.

look that it has been a success and that the club might host a regular 2 days event next year, to be added to the agenda of aerotowing in Midwest.

Here is Joes pictures

https://www.evernote.com/l/AKdMPocWD...UbJP1OAfpY_3bo

and here are mine

https://www.flickr.com/photos/422200...57686106222190
    Last edited by French1; 09-12-2017, 01:36 AM.
    Stéphane
    Horizon Hobby Team Member

Congratulations. Wonderful effort to share the fun of our hobby. I'm sure you will create some converts.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

I had planned to attend, but got up Sunday morning feeling under the weather and opted out. Will be at the Milan event in October, Stephane.

Comment

If that becomes a regular event in the future, it may be worth a road trip. I grew up in New Haven, IN, and the High School German class would go to Frankenmuth every year. I'm not a smart German, I took French. Lol!

Good on you for spreading the love of Aero-tow!
        [B]"I have not yet begun to procrastinate!"[/B] -- [B][I]Geoff Painter[/I][/B]

Comment

Working...
        X