Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Huntsville Aerotow October 5th-8th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argg, I missed last year (ie, no flying, thanks weather!), hopefully I can make it out this year.

With our new bundle of joy I haven't had time to build anything new, so I've only got the PZ ka8 to bring. Does anyone have a tug small/slow enough to pull it? I see a an electric PC-6 on Jeremy's list on pg2, I want to say that's what pulled it up last time so maybe we will be ok....

Comment

• Al Clark
      Al Clark commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, PC-6 and Pulldog are perfect.

Yep, I will have the electric PC-6 and Al said the new owner of the Pulldog will also be available!

Comment

Cool beans.

Here is hoping I can find my batteries and they still hold a charge..

See ya'll there.

Comment

Looking forward to a great weekend!

Work has has kept me busy and I haven't had much time to fly. Swiss 1 ordered me new receiver packs for my Arcus so I will be ready to go. Safe travels for those coming. I am planning to be there at sometime Thursday.

Comment

Nice of you to attend AKA, word has it that Michael Laborde may also appear

SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Originally posted by BurtPR View Post
            My planes are packed, and I see from the chatter above that it will be a great group of friends to see (as usual). Just a little more packing to do, and then a pleasant drive South.

If Mike and Jim run out of airplane talk, I'll be a monkeys uncle. Or something. And then there's the thought of Mike's whip and poor Al. Something to consider on the road.
            Whips and furs.... ooooooooooo! And monkeys!

Comment

And more news about attendees, Gil Major from Clover Creek will join us Friday and Saturday. And after some arm twisting at the Clover Creek Fun Fly last week we persuaded John Schroeder and David Moser of Clover Creek to come and join us Saturday and Sunday
              I hope the field is large enough to accommodate us all

SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Mike and I arrived at the field today at about 4:30. Already a lot of people and activity, plus the weather is great!
                A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

It was a great event! Thursday and Friday's weather could not have been better. Saturday was windy and overcast, but still flyable. Unfortunately, Hurricane Nate forced an early wrap up on Saturday afternoon. I took a lot of photos but I still need to process most of them. I'll post a link to a Flickr album later this week for your enjoyment.

A big "Thank You" to the NARCA Team, and especially to ARUP, JimD, Swiss1, and Bert for entertaining my questions and allowing me to wiggle some sticks.

Now I need to get busy completing my own sailplane for next year!

Safe travels to everyone!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171006__MG_8976 copy.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	19775
                  [B]"I have not yet begun to procrastinate!"[/B] -- [B][I]Geoff Painter[/I][/B]

Comment

The Huntsville Aerotow was lots of fun! The thermals were massive Thursday and Friday. They went straight up! Saturday was a good day for the glass slippers. It was breezy but the wind direction was pretty much down the runway. Many thanks to the NARCA group for everything. Jeremy did a great job taking the reins from Asher. It was a lot of fun seeing old friends and meeting new ones! Tango Juliet, glad you made it and can't wait to see your T21 completed!

Comment

• Tango Juliet
                      Tango Juliet commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you Michael for trusting me enough to fly your beautiful sailplanes. I'm hoping my finished T21 turns out half as good as any of your models.

• Mosquito
                      Mosquito commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Did you maiden your ASW20 Michael?

Some NARCA Photos
                    North Alabama Radio Control Association Annual AeroTow Oct 2017

Comment

• Al Clark
                      Al Clark commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for posting the great photos, Tom! I wasn't expecting them until around Christmas.

• Swiss1
                      Swiss1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Me neither Al, because he's always so busy!!

Great pics, Tom! Thanks for towing, too. I had one of my better flights from one of your tows!!! Mosquito, never did get that ASW20 flown... too busy with the antique gasbags... the weather was perfect for them the first two days and I flew a lot. One flight at lunchtime the second day was ~45 minutes with Vampyr and I spent the better part of 20 minutes or so trying to get it down! I'm glad TJ and Gary were there to help me keep an eye on it. It was so high it was hard to see!

Comment

I'd like to thank everyone who came! You all made it a very enjoyable event. It was great to see old faces again, and new faces as well. Even though we lost Sunday due to weather, a lot of excellent flying was done in the first 3 days. I was just about flown out by Saturday evening. I'm already looking forward to next years event! Jeremy, I'll be needing another turboprop fix well before then!

Comment

Here's the link for my photo album...
                        [B]"I have not yet begun to procrastinate!"[/B] -- [B][I]Geoff Painter[/I][/B]

Comment

• Tango Juliet
                          Tango Juliet commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks Al. It was my pleasure to be there and get these shots.

• Swiss1
                          Swiss1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks for the great pics TJ, didn't get a chance until now to look at them all!

• Tango Juliet
                          Tango Juliet commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks Jeremy. And thank you again for allowing me to fly your Arcus, even for the very short bit I had it. I was way to nervous to really fly it the way you do.

The NARCA/Huntsville Aerotow event was the eleventh for me this season and what a great season it has been! Every event has added special memories and every event has had exceptional flying weather for at least one day and most have had several in a row.

As others have commented, Thursday and Friday were about as good as you could possibly wish for and Saturday was a very, very good day, compared to some days that I have had the pleasure of flying in!

Hurricane Nate just allowed me to get home a day early, plus, my truck and trailer got a good bath on the drive home!

Great to see friends that I have not seen in a while and to meet and make new friends. The scale soaring/aerotowing community is a wonderful group and every event is time well spent (even if no flying was possible) so don't be a weather watcher/worrier, come on out and enjoy these events and make your own special memories!

Thanks to everyone that worked to organize and run this event, I know the work that goes on behind the scenes...good job everyone!
                        A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• Tango Juliet
                          Tango Juliet commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's looking right now like I'll have the week off for the Spring Cumberland event so I intend to make it up there. Now I just gotta keep my nose to the grindstone and get my plane built for it.
                      Working...
                      X