Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Huntsville Aerotow October 5th-8th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Huntsville Aerotow October 5th-8th.

It's time to remind you of our Alabama event in Huntsville, scheduled October 5th-8th.
    Even our good friend Chris Woodward will be there to tow with Cubzilla!
    Please register now! We will have plenty of tow planes for any size glider you bring.

Jeremy and Ben
    SCC AAA TT TN

I'm planning to attend but only as a spectator/photographer (this year), should I still register? And is there a web link for registry?
    [B]"I have not yet begun to procrastinate!"[/B] -- [B][I]Geoff Painter[/I][/B]

Comment

Yes. Events are on the main website.

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

I'm In for all 4 days

Comment

I believe that I registered a long time ago. I'm looking forward to another great time at Epps Field, although I always pray for good weather! See y'all down there.

Comment

Thank's Burt, yes you did register!

Jeremy and ben
            SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Originally posted by Tango Juliet View Post
              I'm planning to attend but only as a spectator/photographer (this year), should I still register? And is there a web link for registry?
              You can spectate for free! Transmitter time to a spectator is free from me, too!

Comment

• Tango Juliet
                Tango Juliet commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe you offered me some stick time before, and I'll gladly accept. I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon with my GF and we'll be staying through Sunday. Nothing is free, and I'll make my contribution to the club for their efforts.

Swiss1 has been extremely supportive of all my events here in Cumberland, so I really owe him a return visit. We attended the October Huntsville event in 2014 and it was fun to meet people in person that we knew from the forum.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	1114.JPG Views:	1 Size:	315.4 KB ID:	19176

My plan is to drive to ARUP's home in Kentucky on Tuesday, October 3. Having lots of spare space in my truck and trailer, we will load up his air force and then travel on to Huntsville together the next day (about a four hour trip). We can get to Epp's field by lunchtime on Wednesday, October 4 if anyone else is going to be there...or just take our time and arrive Wednesday evening.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	295.JPG Views:	1 Size:	352.6 KB ID:	19178
              Click image for larger version  Name:	284.JPG Views:	1 Size:	347.3 KB ID:	19177

We plan to drive back to Mike's place Sunday evening and then I will drive on home on Monday. That give us four full days at the event, so we look forward to sharing time with a good group of friends and to having a good time flying down south!
              Click image for larger version  Name:	1099.JPG Views:	1 Size:	350.1 KB ID:	19179

Click image for larger version

Name:	1112.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	402.4 KB
ID:	19180

Figured it was time to heed this sign!
              Click image for larger version  Name:	296.JPG Views:	1 Size:	408.9 KB ID:	19175
              A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

I won't get home from my week at work until late Wednesday evening, so we won't be driving up until Thursday. Depending on the time, we might only be at the field for a few hours that afternoon, but we're staying through Sunday. I'm really looking forward to meeting people, getting plenty of photos, and asking a lot of questions.
                [B]"I have not yet begun to procrastinate!"[/B] -- [B][I]Geoff Painter[/I][/B]

Comment

• Swiss1
                  Swiss1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking forward to meeting you too, we will do our best to answer any questions you have and give you some stick time!

Great to have you return to Huntsville Jim.
                Snatch and I expect to be there around mid afternoon on Wednesday to set up the pits etc, I will be there tomorrow for the monthly event and have will have more detail then

Jeremy and Ben
                SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

• JimD
                  JimD commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Excellent! Looking forward to the event.

So I drove up to Huntsville yesterday and towed Al"s B4 for it's maiden. All went well and he is ready to tweak it at next months event!
                Scott came out with his 2-33, Archie and Jeff turned up with his LS-2, everyone had several tows, enough for me to burn over 2 gallons of Kerosene in the Porter
                No mishaps apart from one tow when I found out that the towline was under the Horizontal while towing Scott through the tunnel, once we cleared the trees and stopped all the pitching Scott released and all was good
                So we hope to see you at our event next month

Jeremy and Ben

SCCAAA TT TN
                Last edited by Swiss1; 09-21-2017, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Tango Juliet
                  Tango Juliet commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Except for the wind, yesterday was absolutely gorgeous down here. Every 2nd Saturday our club has an informal "Sailplane Saturday". A couple guys tried and did fly, but it was too gusty to be relaxing and fun. I'm hoping to spark some interest in Aero-tow when I finish my T21.

No gusting in Huntsville, Al wanted to call it off on Friday but I persuaded him otherwise, and luckily my weather forecast was correct, 6-7mph with gusts up to 12mph.....perfect.
                Of course that was across the runway!!

Comment

A couple of Pics from Al's B4, Scott's 2-33 and Jeff's LS-2 with the Turbine.

Jeremy and Ben
                  SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

I love the B4 wing plan form! Can't wait to see Al's up close.

Comment

Big thanks to Jeremy for driving up and providing the tows! And with his super-cool turbine Porter - I just love that thing! Wind was less than predicted. Cross wind, but not a problem, especially for the B4 which has a lot of mass and good legs. A perfect day, really. Turns out the KV Models B4 is an excellent handling beast and I'm really looking forward to getting more stick time. I flew my HF Model ASW 28-18 also and got it trimmed out. It was a great tune-up day for the October event. Scott, Jeff, and I all got in some good flying and some soaring as well. Really looking forward to seeing all of you guys again in October. The weather Gods owe us big time so I'm hoping for 4 straight days of perfect weather.

Comment

• Swiss1
                        Swiss1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ditto on the weather!
                    Working...
                    X