No announcement yet.

Windy Ridge RC Flyers Aerotow June 1-4 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally recovering from the fun marathon​. It was great to see everyone again, thanks Kevin and Jeff for trusting me with your Cularis' and nice to meet Dan from FL who ran when I landed long and hooked me up, thanks to the tow pilots, we enjoyed feeding the crew, thanks for all the compliments, the club appreciates the support of the scale soaring community. Good Health to all until we meet again.
    Jim S.

Comment

Finally finished up the album for Windy Ridge. Here's the link.
      Explore this photo album by Jeff Duhaime on Flickr!

I'm afraid this one has too many shots in it but I was breaking in a new camera that was literally several days old (can you maiden a camera?). I know there are duplicates and some clarity issues but between Salem and this shoot so close together, I was getting blurry eyed... I wanted to get it out so here you go.

Jim, Steve, Kevin and the crew, thanks again for the great time.

Enjoy,
      Jeff

Comment

Not possible to have to many pictures Jeff.... Great shots and always such a great summary of the event. Thanks so very much.

Comment

Jeff,

the pictures are great. I get to relive some moments and get to see things that i missed. Thank you so much.

Steve K
          Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Wow, Jeff. Your new rig combined with you lasting talents make a great combination. Photos are fantastic.
            Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Where do you start?
              There are so many exceptional pictures its staggering.
              From the Blanik with the tree to the left, the Arcus with the moon, the last one with the sun setting through the Arcus canopy!!!!! Holy crap. Nice work Jeff. May I have a couple to blow up for the shop wall?

Thanks again.

LEN

Onto the next group of pictures
              Len Buffinton
              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

You guys are too kind!! But thank you for the continued support. It's really appreciated.

Also a word of thanks to all the plane owners and people for letting me photograph your planes and yourselves. It's fun and challenging to have such great subject matter to work with. I am very lucky to to be able to love both hobbies and to have one compliment the other. Also very happy to have a number of the shots go on to help promote this sport that we all love. Thanks again.

Len, no problem the shots. Email me the file names and I will post those out at max res and send them to you. Flickr gets them at 2000 pixels which is ok for up to about 10" (long dimension). Also if you want them as cropped or if you have a specific format in mind.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks Jeff. So many great shots. Equipment aside, the composition on some, well all, of these shots is fantastic. Len pointed out a couple of my favorites.

thanks for all the effort.

Comment

superb as usual Jeff! thanks for doing all the work on those and posting them again.

Hope to see everyone soon again

Matt

Comment

As always Jeff, your pictures are stunning!
                      Gunny
                      Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

The best part of the new camera is still the eye of the photographer! Nice work Jeff!
                        A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Jeff

I sent you a PM regarding getting some of the shots of my glider.
                          Great coverage of a amazing event!

Blake

Comment

Hi Blake,

I did not receive the PM. Give it another try. No problem with shots of your glider. You can get up to 2000 pixels wide off the Flickr acct. Like I mentioned to Len, I can send full res shots directly. Give me the file number(s) from Flickr and if there is a preferred format (IE 5x7, 8x10) or as is.

And thank you.

Jeff

Comment

Jeff,
                              You have outdone yourself again! I don't know how each event your photos seem to get better and better, but you keep raising the bar! Some of the shots of the Pawnee will definitely be going on the wall at my house.

Once a scale soaring event is over I think I look forward to your albums as much as I do the next event. We're lucky to have you in our community. Thanks again!

Kevin
                              Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Thought an update was in order since there have been a lot of questions about what happened to this engine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Windy Ridge 009.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	315.3 KB
ID:	19013

The DA-150 in Bidule 170 #2 was a brand new engine and only had slightly over 2 hours of run time when the left cylinder exited the cowling while towing DanS's ASW-20 at the Windy Ridge Aerotow. Amazingly, neither the cowling or airframe was damaged by this catastrophic failure.

We sent the engine back to Desert Aircraft and they could not have been more helpful. I had a nice talk with both Casey and Colton and these gentleman represent the absolute best in customer relations and customer support!

My DA-150 was completely rebuilt and returned in brand new condition for absolutely no charge to me! Companies can say they stand behind their products, but Desert Aircraft means it and demonstrated that with this engine. Thank you Desert Aircraft, you are the best!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rebuilt DA-150.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	19014
                                A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X