No announcement yet.

2017 Sky High Aerotow, Williamsport / Muncy PA September 15-17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being a newbie, not having attended many events, I wish to add my $0.02 worth regarding this weekend's event at Sky High. The venue is beautiful; the grass rivals that of a sod farm and I took great pains to avoid landing on it! The folks couldn't have been nicer. Many kudos to Steve and Len for hosting a memorable weekend. I trust everyone arrived home safe and sound. I rolled in at 7:20 PM - an uneventful trip. I look forward to attending more events. Planning on taking part in Stephane's event in Milan, MI in mid-October and the Fall Cumberland event in November. To all you guys and gals who made my weekend so enjoyable: THANK YOU!!

Comment

Felt great to be back in Muncy aerotowing again! Spectacular location with a friendly and supportive owner. Thanks to Steve. Len and the ladies for coordinating everything and bringing us back here. Great weekend with great friends! We will be back!

Comment

Yet another fabulous event for the 2017 season!!!!!

A few memories:

Eder"s Ice Cream Friday night,

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3749.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	308.5 KB
ID:	19340

The beauty of the Sky High Farm and Airfield

Name:	IMG_3747.JPG
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	19338

Another trouble free event for Bidule #1 (makes me happy ;-)

Name:	IMG_3748.JPG
Size:	240.7 KB
ID:	19339 ​​​​​​​

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Hi all,
          felt good to be back at Muncy PA. Thanks to the host, Mark, for use of the field and barn. Thank you tow pilots and ladies for the lunch.
          had a lot of flights on the 3rd scale 2-33 which by the way flew here first at this event 3 years ago.😀 Also got to fly the L-13 and ASW 20 too.
          it was nice to see the guys and gals again and meeting a few new people also.

gunny

Comment

I put up some photos but I did the second day first. Last in first out for you engineers and programmers. More to come as time permits.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm5nrdP3

Comment

Many thanks for a great aero-tow event ! It was on the edge of my travel radius but very glad I went.

Weather cooperated, the flying was great, and the nicest bunch of people you'd ever want to meet.

Comment

Had a great time. So happy the maiden of my Blanik went well. Sorry I couldn't do all 3 days. Thanks to everyone for making this a great event. I will be sure to have this on my calendar for next year! Some photos from Friday:

Comment

Paul Naton has posted a thread on RCGroups-Scale Sailplanes with some pictures and a link to his Flikr library for more pictures. He also notes that he should have some cool videos from Len's stellar flying comeing maybe next week!!! Neat stuff!

Comment

Once again thank you to all for a great event. It was wonderful to have an opportunity to get back to such a beautiful site. Well worth the trip.

Here's the link to my album.
                    https://flic.kr/s/aHsm8G6PEQ

Enjoy,
                    Jeff D

Comment

• Tango Juliet
                      Tango Juliet commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You got some great shots Jeff. Your perspective and composition are spot on. Very nice.

Seems like something is up with the link, I get a page can't be displayed message, but I'm not denying that it could be this browser and firewalls and whatever else those things it could be....

Comment

• Tango Juliet
                      Tango Juliet commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's working for me and I'm at work where we have all kinds of blockages setup on our server.

• Stew2
                      Stew2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Told you it was probably me..... Hope it works for everybody!

Yep, works for me and I use AOL

Comment

Awesome Jeff - Just Awesome Thanks

Steve K

Comment

Jeff! As usual, your photos are outstanding! The scale soaring banner flag in the sunset is awesome. You have a good eye for this. Thanks so much...
                        gunny

Comment

I finally got around to going through the rest of my photos. I added them to the album here.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm5nrdP3

Comment

Working...
                          X