No announcement yet.

2017 Cumberland, MD Summer Soaring ~ July 19-23, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So once again a great event, only thing I lost was a Pop Up in that epic storm that came in. Thanks to Jim and Marcy and all the tow guys as always. I would also want to thank all of you who made purchases from The Model Box it is greatly appreciated and helps off set the cost off the trip, driving 15 hours with Snatch, you just can't imagine
    Thankfully we made it back home in 12 hours, I guess because it's downhill! Great to meet new faces and old ones, see you in Winamac.

Jeremy and Ben
    SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Well that was fun! It's two days after the event and I'm finally unpacking my sailplanes.
      Thanks to the host Dr. Jim Dolly for the great use of his mountain soaring facility along with the new glider hanger. That worked out very well! Kudos Jim.
      thank you Marcy and crew for feeding us, that is always well appreciated. Thank you tow pilots for the tows as always job well done.
      my scooter (electric pit bike) got the "Swiss 1" of approval and was officially marked with a Swiss Compliant red sticker.
      Whats a sticker! Lol.
      Gunny
      Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Jim, What can be said that hasn't been already. I had a great time visiting your unbelievable soaring site! The event, people, facilities, the view, weather - all unbelievable. Thank you to you, Marcie, your whole support crew, tow pilots and everyone that pitched in when needed. Another memorable and fantastic event in the books.

If you hadn't built the second hanger, I'm certain there would have much more damage when that storm BLEW through. I have never seen the wind increase that fast. Thankfully damage was limited to only a few instances.

I've started culling the shots and will be back soon. Here are a handful from late Sat. After the storm had gone through and things cleared and quieted down, a group of pilots went out to "play" with the clouds. With the dramatic backdrop I couldn't resist grabbing the camera for some (I thought) really different shots. Here's a quick cut.

Thanks again and to all the friends and new acquaintances - looking forward to when we meet again.

Enjoy,
        Jeff D

Click image for larger version  Name:	Cumberland 1707-1362.JPG Views:	3 Size:	70.0 KB ID:	18420Click image for larger version  Name:	Cumberland 1707-1382.JPG Views:	1 Size:	96.4 KB ID:	18415Click image for larger version  Name:	Cumberland 1707-1434.JPG Views:	1 Size:	18.8 KB ID:	18416Click image for larger version  Name:	Cumberland 1707-1448.JPG Views:	1 Size:	60.5 KB ID:	18417Click image for larger version  Name:	Cumberland 1707-1396.JPG Views:	1 Size:	39.4 KB ID:	18418

Comment

Those are some interesting clouds low in the valley like that!

Comment

Here is a short compilation of video clips I got. Not such great quality but you will get the idea.

Comment

Hot off the press!!! Mr Wood

Comment

great stuff Jeff, Conio and Erich! thanks for sharing...

Matt

Comment

Ok folks, the album is up. Here is the link.
                  Explore this photo album by Jeff Duhaime on Flickr!

Also thanks to Stephane, Conio, Eric and others for posting their pics and videos also. All great stuff and helps to tell the story with different perspectives.

Enjoy,
                  Jeff D

Comment

• Csessa
                    Csessa commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Jeff. Over 300 great photos.

• Gliderhead
                    Gliderhead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Jeff, you always take such great shots !!

• Steve P
                    Steve P commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, Jeff! Thanks, as always, for the time and passion you put into these.

Wonderful picture Jeff

Thanks for taking them, I know the work that it takes...
                  Stéphane
                  Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

awesome as usual Jeff, thank you, thank you, thank you,

Matt

Comment

Jeff...Fantastic pictures.....many thanks for taking them and then all the work to make them available.

Bob

Comment

HI Jeff,
                        You must be exhausted?
                        How do you take all those pictures and still manage to fly the best looking Blanik in the country? Not to mention find time to sleep?

Thank you for your continued effort and support of this great segment of our hobby, you make memories last on .............screens?
                        Len Buffinton
                        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Jeff

Above and beyond my friend, above and beyond!

Blake

Comment

Nice stuff as always Jeff, thanks for covering the event

Jeremy and Ben
                            SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Outstanding Jeff!!

Thanks. Steve K
                              Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Working...
                              X