Horizon Hobby AEROTOW 2017 June 14-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizon Hobby AEROTOW 2017 June 14-18

Pete Goldsmith just announced the aerotow dates for 2017. Since the event last year was so well attended and the weather was simply perfect, the dates for this year will be the same time-frame, June 14-18, 2017

More to follow

Len
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Great news Len! I am waiting on my Aviation Concepts 1/4 Scale 2-33 kit to arrive and goal is to have it built and flying at this event! I appreciate the time you and Jim D. spent with me at Winamac this year and been ready to get more involved in the Soaring Community!

Jason Haab
    Bloomington, IL

Comment

Oh boy! I can't wait!

Comment

Hi Jason,
        When is the kit arriving? If you get too delayed let us know and we'll all start busting Gunny's balls about it. He's a good guy and provides a beautiful product.

Len
        Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Jhaab
          Jhaab commented
          Editing a comment
          Len, I talked to him this week and sounds like he may be starting to make a run of them this week. He has been great to work with. I actually bought the plans a while back so have been studying up on the build. Anxious to get started on it! Hope things are going well for you.

Jason Haab
          Bloomington, IL

On my calendar and made hotel reservations......can't wait !

Bob

Comment

Will we be able to register on line again this year?

Tim

Comment

Its been up for a while now.

Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Ho ho ho! Horizon Hobby Aerotow is just around the corner. I've been busy, busy, busy!

Comment

OK everyone, just one week left before the event, so who's attending? This is my shameless effort on behalf of our business The Model Box to try and sell you something you need or not need, and deliver it to the event!
                As in previous years, Horizon Hobby allows Ben and I to take any orders at the field on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday up until 12 noon and deliver it to the Field, we try and include a small discount if possible, so rack your brains for what you need and let us know, we do appreciate it. This may be Ben's last event, for a while anyway, as he plans on spreading his wings and heading to Australia to work for a year or two. He has attended the event with me for the past 8 years and I will miss that, it's been our yearly Father Son trip
                On another note, the Swift is still for sale and I will be returning it to it's owner at the event, so if you are interested in it let us know!
                Thanks.

Jeremy and Ben
                SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Getting close !

My sailplanes are all set, packed and ready.

Just finishing up the packing of my spares and tool boxes over the next couple days and then on the road early next week.

I've been taking lessons on right and left since last year........I think I have the tow release and retract switches figured out now................Tow release on the left......or is it the right.........hmmm..........athletic tape on the wrists marked with L and R maybe ??..............Hopefully I won't have to practice my low level flat circles and test the L/D ratio LOL

Looking forward to seeing everyone next week.

Bob

Comment

So who's going?

Jeremy and Ben
                    SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

• MarnochS
                      MarnochS commented
                      Editing a comment
                      i'll be there

Len
                    Bob Morrow
                    Jim Dolly
                    Len Buffinton
                    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I'm going!

Comment

Kevin will be there, hoping other Minnesota guys will be going as well...

Comment

No Tim!!
                          Jeremy and Ben
                          SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Working...
                          X