Name:	IMG_2115.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	17712Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2065.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	17714

The weather was perfect! Lift was phenomenal! Everyone got a workout flying so much, I'm sure. I know I did! I hardly took any pictures due to the flying being done so apologies offered. It sure was fun socializing and flying with everybody! Many, many thanks to everyone involved to make this event happen!

Comment

Many many thanks to all who made this event so great . Special thanks to the Goldsmiths! Can't wait until next year! Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	17716

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Arcus.jpg Views:	2 Size:	137.1 KB ID:	17724
        Just got home last night from an awesome event! Thanks to all those that towed and towed and towed. Some of the best lift I have seen in the years that I have attended. Peter and Caroline, you two are the best. Len, thanks for letting me take controls of your Bidule. I can now scratch off "tow at Horizon Aerotow" from my bucket list! It was great to see all of you at the event.

Now, getting ready to host our 5th annual Sled Works aerotow next month. Hope to see some of you make the trip north.

Tim
        Last edited by Mosquito; 06-19-2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

probably the best time I have ever had at Monticello...thanks to everyone who made this possible...
          As Tim said above...I am focusing now on my tow planes to be ready for the 5th Sled Works event mid July...hopefully some of you will attend...
          kevin

Comment

We're back!!

What a wonderful event this year in Monticello. The weather was everything you could ask for when flying sailplanes in a Midwest town. From hot air for thermals, a breeze to keep you cool, blue sky mixed with puffy white clouds for visibility and cooler evenings for relaxing and watching the field sparkle with fire fly activity (its quite a sight).
            Once again the Monticello Model Masters and the fine folks at Horizon Hobby combined to put on a great event. If you didn't attend, for whatever reason, you screwed up. AGAIN. Peter and Caroline helped to keep things running smooth and the large group of regulars all chipped in whenever needed to make certain everyone had a good time.

This year featured some changes on the flight line with the addition of a couple BIDULES, a SMELLY Yak and even a Carbon Cub along with the trusty Pawnee. Most of the time there were two tugs in the air, being certain nobody was standing in line for very long. Great job tug drivers!!

Next year will be the last event at the Glider Port because the field is scheduled to close, so if you have the opportunity to go, I would HIGHLY recommend it.

Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

What a wonderful time !

I arrived late Tuesday night and was at the field flying Wednesday morning through Sunday late afternoon. Just fantastic conditions and perfect weather (don't look at weather reports !).

Having the chance to fly with everyone as well as enjoy time catching up was just great. It is always great to see friends as well as meeting others that I have only known through the threads here.

Bergies provided the fantastic food available everyday for lunch.....the Cuban, pork, and Korean sandwiches/tacos were out of this world !

Many thanks to the Monticello Model Masters, Horizon Hobby, and especially Peter and Caroline Goldsmith. Everyone that was involved with making this event happen really went out of their way to make sure it was fun for all that came.

Looking forward to next year !

Comment

• JoeN
                JoeN commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks like you guys had a great time! I didn'the attend, but I did benefit, JimD brought me a brand new Swallow kit!!!!! Thank you Peter, the kit looks awsome! I'm looking forward to the build.

Here is an Article I wrote on this event with some picture that has been published on RCSD

Enjoy reading it
              Stéphane
              Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

Nice article, Stephane!

Comment

Working...
                X