• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, The Trade Show in TOLEDO OH.

The problem with April is the weather.
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

April needs to be a flash-mob aerotow. But, maybe with a targeted field(s)??

Comment

SLED WORKS Aero Tow confirmed for July 13-16
        Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Great !! Planning on attending several events. Will watch for the updates. In the meantime, happy building to all !!

Don

Comment

Steve,

Space Coast Aero tow is 25-26 March 2017.

Comment

Join us in Salem, CT this May for the we can't remember how many "th" annual New England Aero Tow....
              Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Post #1 updated...

Charlie says SKSS is looking at August 24-27 for their next "Great American Aero Tow." Look for confirmation soon.

Sky High Aero Tow would then be set for September 15-17 in Muncy, PA. Field set-up on Thursday morning, flying in the afternoon once all is ready. First "official" day is Friday.

There is still the potential of something in late April, perhaps outside Warrenton, VA or in Lancaster, PA. We shall see.

Comment

Adding the promotional flier for the Sky High Aero Tow. All set for September 15-17 with casual flying on the afternoon of the 14th.

Comment

Promotional flier for SERA 2017!

Comment

SKSS's Great American Aero Tow in Newark, DE is confirmed for August 24-27, 2017

Comment

Sign up! The registration section of the website has most of the registration links hot. Get over there, people! https://www.scalesoaring.com/eastern-usa-and-canada

First up in March are...

Cumberland: https://www.scalesoaring.com/cumberl...g-registration

Space Coast: https://www.scalesoaring.com/space-c...w-registration

Comment

Hi Steve,

The "Ottawa Aerotow (Planned)" should read "Ottawa Aerotow (Confirmed)"

With Thanks
                          Aurele

Comment

• Steve P
                            Steve P commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks Aurele. I'll make it so! I also updated the website to http://www.arnpriorradiocontrolclub.com/

• Steve P
                            Steve P commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You can set-up online registration for the event from the ScaleSoaring.com website. If you have any questions, please contact Len or Jim.

NARCA Confirmed for October. Here's the promotional flyer...

Post #1 is up to date! Check out all the wonderful events!

Comment

MRCA aerotow is now 4 weeks away,

great news I had time to update our flier

Second good news, we will stretch it to a three days event.

Come and join us for the fun

Stéphane

Click image for larger version

Name:	MRCA Aerotow 2017.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	16623

MRCA Aerotow 2017.pdf
                            Stéphane
                            Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

From very humble beginning spawned a great pastime! I had the pleasure of hosting ten years of the SKSS Aerotow and watched it grow from a small informal gathering to a rather large multi day event drawing pilots from all over the East coast.

I have watched newcomers to the sport progress into seasoned veterans of the sport, I have also seen many regulars come and go as well.

From small (by today's standards) simple gliders to beautiful large sailplanes more common today, this sport has grown well in the past ten years.

From stuffing all your planes into the family car or van to trailers specially built or designed just for hauling our toys.

From two or three shoestring events to dozens if not more, just on the east coast.

Now you may ask...why the diatribe? what could he possibly be writing about?

Its simple... We just can't do it anymore. Our event has grown beyond our means and its time to pull the plug!

Why you ask? our biggest concern this year is the possibility that our field will not be available in time, construction in the park has kept us off the field since December and it would not be fair to the faithful participants to schedule time off for an event that may not happen.
                              To a lesser degree is the prospect of another miserably hot weekend like last years. Sure plenty of people still showed but participation was way down.

Personally, my biggest concern going forward is the simultaneous scheduling of events, in years past we were called out for having a small informal get together the same weekend as a large event that was over eight hundred miles away, we endured plenty of derogatory remarks (both online and personal) and more than a couple of threats, no big deal, we survived.
                              Now with the prospect of losing participants to another event scheduled during the same time frame, its no use to try and even save the event.

SKSS aerotow will soldier on as a small, possibly invitation only get together (not event) in order to bring us back to our roots in the hobby, a place where a few friends can come to fly, eat, shoot the breeze, and fly some more.
                              Our lives have changed and we want to step back and enjoy ourselves.

Hopefully I will get some time to travel to some other events, health is always a big concern and recent issues have curtailed some of my activities but I intend to soldier on.
                              I look forward to seeing my aerotow friends in the future,

Fly safe,

Tony,
                              Former contest director; SKSS All Electric Aerotow, SKSS Great American Aerotow
                              Team "Casa Del Whaco's"

Comment

Working...
                              X